• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kstaron

kstaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Mom has had PD for 32 years. She is 75. The neurologist recently suggested Seroquel....

She can spend most of her day in 'reality' but on occasion slips into insisting on things that do not exist ( for example, that we have a bird that we need to feed , or that their is a toddler visiting that she is watching ). She also on occasion will appear to be awake at 5am, but it almost appears that she is dreaming with her eyes open, because once again, she will insist on things that are not accurate, and be upset with people that are not in the room.

My question is 2-fold. #1) Will a low dose of Seroquel help with these delusions #2) Will it completely alter her? Since she is 'with it' alot of the time, I am afraid to start her on something that will just take away more of 'my mom'. She's great when her persepctive on reality is normal. Seroquel scares me for some reason, and I do not want to start something and regret it, but the agitation is increasing, so I am thinking I may have no choice.

Thanks in advance...

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

It could help; but there are also many treatment tips for treating hallucinations. http://mdc.mbi.ufl.e...-hallucinations
Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users