• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ken_S

Ken_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Wisconsin (Lake Nebagamon)

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

Does anyone know how to slow down, turn off, or find files that were accidently moved with the click/drag/drop feature of Windows Explorer?

I use Explorer to manage the files on my computer but every now & then my hand will twitch and I accidently move a folder. Half the time I don’t even know what folder I moved let alone where I moved it to. It sure would be great if there was a back feature like there is in word or Excel.

Thanks
Ken

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

#2 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Maybe hit 'Control z' or simply 'undo' on the same drop down edit menu that you'd use to cut, copy and paste.

R.

Edited by Rogerstar1, 22 June 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#3 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm an Apple... sorry no help here.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#4 Glenn

Glenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Go under the windows Control Panel, to the mouse icon and/or the accessibilty icon. Depending on what kind of mouse you have, you can slow the tracking speed or clicking speed down, change from single click to double click etc. so the errors are less. Different mouse drivers have additional/less features. Hope this helps.

#5 Ken_S

Ken_S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Wisconsin (Lake Nebagamon)

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Excellent suggestions!

Roger: You were right on the money with the drop down menu; now I can undue the mistake.

Glenn: I slowed the pointer speed so now if I accidently click on a folder I won’t fling it into another one. I’ll need to play with the mouse settings to see if anything else helps.

Luther: An apple huh? I think therapy can help you with that. Maybe there’s a 12 step program.

Thanks guys.
Ken

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome

#6 Glenn

Glenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

IIf I recall correctly, Logitech or a gaming mouse had more options you could change. Note, you can also adjust the cursor speed and shape. Glad it helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users