#1 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationDeep South Louisiana

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Does anyone else have ocular spasms. Its like everyone stares and I sometimes worry about how my symptoms affect my Boys.

#2 joy h

joy h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

My eyes have tremors it is ever so slightly sometimes folks can see it when they are talking to me. The police were doing license and registration check points the other week and the officer asked me about it not in a bad way in a curious way. I had my license in with my PD id. Anyway it was 3 am and so I was the only one left to check as they were packing up when I cam down the road so I used it as an opportunity to teach about Young Onset Parkinson. It only affects my read an dis very tiring on my eys I have been to ophthalmologist and everything is fine

#3 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Chelle,
haven't really look to see if I have tremors in my eyes. I do worry about how my kids are effected by my PD however, we are lucky in a way that both my mom and dad also have PD so they are familiar with the symptoms and kind of know what to expect. I do have to remind them frequently that I am not Grandpa and it have taken 30 years for his symptoms to get as bad as they are.

#4 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

Chelle,
haven't really look to see if I have tremors in my eyes. I do worry about how my kids are effected by my PD however, we are lucky in a way that both my mom and dad also have PD so they are familiar with the symptoms and kind of know what to expect. I do have to remind them frequently that I am not Grandpa and it have taken 30 years for his symptoms to get as bad as they are.

Thanks for responding.... my eye tremors causes my eye to close sometimes for quite along time.My Dr. says its common with PD. Did you undergo genetic testing and if so how do you and your wife handel the potential for your kids to get PD?

#5 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

My eyes have tremors it is ever so slightly sometimes folks can see it when they are talking to me. The police were doing license and registration check points the other week and the officer asked me about it not in a bad way in a curious way. I had my license in with my PD id. Anyway it was 3 am and so I was the only one left to check as they were packing up when I cam down the road so I used it as an opportunity to teach about Young Onset Parkinson. It only affects my read an dis very tiring on my eys I have been to ophthalmologist and everything is fine

Thank God for the PD cards and for the fact that nothing came out of that check point. Thank hou for your response.

#6 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Chelle,
I have not had genetic testing, however I would say odds are pretty good My PD is genetic, both parents have PD, dad was young onset and mom was just diagnosed last year. Our kids are just one more reason for us to support all the research we can support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users