#1 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

I just saw the trailer and laughed so hard, I can't wait til September.

http://www.nbc.com/t...ael-j-fox-show/

#2 OneWingedVictory

OneWingedVictory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

I agree! Did you see him on "Curb Your Enthusiasm?"

The One Winged Victory of Samothrace is a metaphor for our struggles, despite the odds, to keep steady and accept grace in the face of punishing adversity.

#3 Vanillab1027

Vanillab1027

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

I was looking forward to this show before I saw the clip. Now I wish it was starting tomorrow! Love it!

Thanks for posting.

#4 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow, that was hilarious............

#5 coacht

coacht

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Loved it, wished my wife had a sense of humor about it like him.

#6 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Good to hear from you, Coach. How are things going? Maybe the MJF show will be a way to introduce approaching PD with some humor along the way.

This was really funny. Can't wait to the show comes on.

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine; Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#7 carruthers209

carruthers209

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationStockton, CA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the post. Appreciate it and we're using it in our next Parkinson's group newsletter and going to share it during our next Parkinson's group meeting via video projector. This is too good to miss. I loved him in the "Good Wife" and this is so well done-I loved the not-so-sly poke at Rush Limbaugh via the teacher who said the daughter's video report was "manipulative."

#8 LoveMyHubby

LoveMyHubby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGulf Coast

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

I showed my DH the trailer when they posted it on Facebook. He was laughing and crying through the whole thing, good crying, lol. We can't wait til it airs, my hubby can totally relate and loves the sense of humor, it helps in coping with the PD.
And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away. -Revelation 21:4

#9 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I love MJF and feel he a great inspiration. I think the show definitely is funny. The only thing I worry about it it sending too
light of a message to the general public about PD. For those with PD, I feel it is a great show as sense of humor is a way of
coping.

For donation and spreading the word about the seriousness of PD, I think a drama would have been a better choice.

#10 RNwithPD

RNwithPD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm excited about the show, but I wonder how well it will go over with general public who might not fully understand the PD humor because they can't relate to it. I hope it does well and stays on the air.

Currently age 42.  Symptomatic at age 36.  Diagnosed at age 39.  Sinemet  25/100 mg 2-tabs every 4 hrs (800-1000mg levodopa daily); carbidopa/levodopa 50/200 mg CR at bedtime; entacapone 200 mg every 4 hrs; Amantadine 100 mg 3 times/dayy; gabapentin 200 mg 2 times/day; gabapentin 400 mg at bedtime; Klonopin 0.5 mg at bedtime; Seroquel 50 mg at bedtime; Effexor 75 mg daily; Vit-D3 5000 IU daily;Vit-B Complex daily; Melatonin 3 mg at bedtime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users