10 replies to this topic

#1 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know about a very good support group (on-line) called PATIENTS LIKE ME.

Good quality support and information.

#2 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

It asked if I wondered why I was having a crummy experience, I thought it was cause I have PD and typing was a pain in the Butt, but apparently it was cause my browser is out dated, I updated my browser, still have PD and shaking, so it wasn't my browser after all, I did that the good people at patientslikeme for suggesting the browser might be the problem but let them know the browser did nothing for my PD.

On a more serious not, the site looks cool, I'm alittle nervous about how much info they let you put in regarding your medical history, but none the less cool site

Edited by Donald Ennis, 17 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#3 Drummergirl

Drummergirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationWhite River Jct. Vermont

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

I was posting on PLM, but after a few months I found it to be a bit depressing and too much like a facebook page......plus they changed the entire set up( look and design of the site). Kinda went in a different direction for me. Maybe it's improved.
Karen

Dx in 95' at 35- Normal MRI, Abnormal Da t Scan- Resting tremor- right foot, leg tremors. RX- 25/100 Carb/ l =600 mg,
0.5 Azilect 1 daily Comtan 200mg 2 day, 0.5 mg Clonazepam 1 daily.

#4 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I would give it another chance, the people are very knowledgeable and inspiring. I wouldn't say depressing, but they are realistic in what they have to say, I have learned a lot from them.

#5 Drummergirl

Drummergirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationWhite River Jct. Vermont

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thanks,
Perhaps I will.
Karen

Dx in 95' at 35- Normal MRI, Abnormal Da t Scan- Resting tremor- right foot, leg tremors. RX- 25/100 Carb/ l =600 mg,
0.5 Azilect 1 daily Comtan 200mg 2 day, 0.5 mg Clonazepam 1 daily.

#6 vipowitz

vipowitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

i never really disclosed this theory in the forum, but I have to (and badly want to) believe that there are many of us Parkies who are hghly functional and don't really participate in the forums

#7 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

In my opinion being highly functional has nothing to do with participating or not participating in forums.

A support group in my opinion is a place where one can receive understanding from people that one could not receive from others that do not share the same circumstances (for example having Parkinsons.)

We can learn from each other while supporting each other, which hopefully will result in us becoming even more functional.

btw - Here you are on a forum! just sayin......

#8 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

I wouldn't want to be a member of a group that would even contemplate me becoming a member!!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

#9 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I use Patients Like Me to track symptoms, mood, treatment effectiveness, weight, quality of life and many other measures they offer. It allows me to print out a summary for my MDS visits.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#10 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

I wouldn't want to be a member of a group that would even contemplate me becoming a member!!

And yet here you are...... a member of this forum/group.

#11 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

This is a great group of people. It's not a forum, it's family! Love you guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users