#1 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

My wife and I are building a new "1 level living" house. We're going to be in the market to purchase a new Kitchen Dinette set. It seems the new fad is these comfort height tables. Does anyone have one of these? Is there any benefit to them or just a fad as I already stated?

Dave

#2 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

I've never bought a new dining table in my life. Can't help ya.
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#3 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Like Luther, Can't help much as I never bought a table, I tend to make my own stuff. I am Curious what is a "comfort height table" is it adjustable?

#4 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

I just Bing comfort height table and don't see any real difference from a standard table unless you're talking about a bar height table...best suggest go look at it ...try out the heeight and comfort of the chairs. The other thing to take in mind is your height....I'm 5' and some tables and chairs are uncomfortable for me. Try before you buy!

Patricia

#5 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

It's a counter height table. The table and chairs are all higher off the ground. I was just wondering if this type of table is problematic or beneficial in the advanced stages of PD.

#6 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Well I'll throw this other thought out and since I'm always planning for the future...what if you got this counter high table and say you need to use a wheelchair...how do you adjust?

#7 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thank you Island Woman. That's the kind of foresight I was hoping to get. My poor brain doesn't think through problems very well anymore. I just spent the last two days in an email chain completely missing the point of a request from a co-worker. I guess I'm not the smartest bear in the room anymore. Who's going to tell my kids? :)

Dave

#8 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

I won't tell your Kids, your secret is safe here

#9 zackabenie

zackabenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I have one of the comfort height tables in my breakfast nook. Cant say it is any more user friendly than a regular table. Maybe a little easier to get into one of the chairs when I am having an "unbalanced day" . Donald - you make your own furniture? That is a little more than I think either me or DH is ready to attempt.
Joelene -
Smile every day and laugh at least once at something the PD is now causing you to do. I personally love the "left" turns that happen as I walk. The smile really works - it makes everyone worry what you have been up to!

#10 Delta

Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

It's very difficult to scoot Your chair closer to the table once you sit down at a bar height table because your feet don't reach the floor. You kind of have to wiggle in and hope your close enough.

#11 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Donald - you make your own furniture? That is a little more than I think either me or DH is ready to attempt.

For now, yes, I make most of my own furniture, until PD desides to take that away.

#12 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hi Dave..............I have a fantastic solid oak Queen Anne style dining table with 4 chairs and 2 carver chairs that we no longer use. You can have them if you like! But.............you'll have to come 4000 miles to get them!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company!

#13 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

You have the Queens dining table. You better give it back now that they have another mouth to feed. We just sold her writing desk last night.

Edited by DaveN, 26 July 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#14 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

They can afford it Dave! Btw.....I also carry the Middleton name.....lol

#15 zackabenie

zackabenie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRound Rock, Texas

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hey - maybe I could use a short vaca. Shipping isnt such an issue for me, I just have to find what band is playing where in England and I can "add" to their Carnay but the wait could be long depending when they are scheduled to complete Europeran tour and return to tthe states,

I like this, maybe we need to start a thread with things we would be willing to trade, swap, sell, etc. What does everyone think?
Joelene -
Smile every day and laugh at least once at something the PD is now causing you to do. I personally love the "left" turns that happen as I walk. The smile really works - it makes everyone worry what you have been up to!

#16 Pokermid2

Pokermid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEssex England

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Lead on MacDuff!!

#17 dinette4less

dinette4less

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

it's a fantastic dinettle kichen set.I just Bing comfort with dinettle kitchen set

Edited by dinette4less, 03 December 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#18 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • LocationSeattl, WA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

I just moved in to an affordable living senior/disabled apartment complex. It offers many amenities for residents, including a large computer room. All the counters were bar height with 29" swivel bar stools on wheels. 100% of the residents are either 61 or older (my favorite neighbor is 91), or 55+ and disabled. I offered to teach basic classes, but pointed out that I couldn't climb up safely on rolling stools where the seat moves! I've fallen too many times and am not willing to do so again. So out of 12 stations, they have made one regular height. What are they thinking, offering one safe seating terminal for 250 residents?

One other thought. There are many backless comfort height stools without backs. For this Parkie, a straight backed chair is a must. If you have any difficulty rising from a chair, the flatter and more stable, the better!

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#19 afroney

afroney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

I just moved in to an affordable living senior/disabled apartment complex. It offers many amenities for residents, including a large computer room. All the counters were bar height with 29" swivel bar stools on wheels. 100% of the residents are either 61 or older (my favorite neighbor is 91), or 55+ and disabled. I offered to teach basic classes, but pointed out that I couldn't climb up safely on rolling stools where the seat moves! I've fallen too many times and am not willing to do so again. So out of 12 stations, they have made one regular height. What are they thinking, offering one safe seating terminal for 250 residents?

One other thought. There are many backless comfort height stools without backs. For this Parkie, a straight backed chair is a must. If you have any difficulty rising from a chair, the flatter and more stable, the better!

Everyone at work wonders why I sit on an office chair as hard as a rock. You hit the nail on the head. Hard, straight backed chairs are much easier to get out of.

#20 McCall

McCall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I personally find those higher tables a horrible thing not comfortable at all and certainly not for a wheelchair user. That would be the last thing I would consider for accessible living.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users