• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marcia

Marcia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Has anyone attended the retreat at Krapula in Stockbridge, Ma? It is in conjunction with the Parkinson's Foundation. I am not sure how this helps? I can see that stress is aweful for my PD, but not sure how this immersion will help.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

My husband has PD. He has not attended the Yoga Retreat in MA but has participated in week-long exercise programs for people with PD. The benefits were many! A chance to get in-depth guidance from professionals and time to immerse yourself in exercise that, for my husband, really makes a difference in his symptoms was a very beneficial experience. Here's a link to the program he attended, you can search for clinicians in other parts of the country on the webpage.

If you go to the Yoga Retreat, keep us posted on your experience!

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine, Levodopa (1X/Day); Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#3 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Sorry, here's the link: http://www.pwr4life.org/

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine, Levodopa (1X/Day); Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#4 annfisher43

annfisher43

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

i"m in Ohio and would like to learn more about somewhere that might hold yoga for pwp. I am central Ohio if anyone knows.

#5 Marcia

Marcia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

​this retreat is in Stockbridge Ma. The location is Kripalu. They work in conjunction with the Parkinson's foundation providing a week long program called healthy living. Check out their website and the program. Good luck.

#6 kemeehan56@yahoo.com

kemeehan56@yahoo.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

I had the great pleasure of attending the PD Yoga retreat at Kirpallu. It was fantastic - everyone with PD should attend this. They had seminars with neurologists, nurses and pharmaceutical companies. And the YOGA was wonderful!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users