21 replies to this topic

#21 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

My mom had very intense pain in her knees and shoulders before the onset of PD.  Now it makes sense.   Every since she got dementia 8 years ago she no longer complains and if anything has a very high tolerance for pain.  She had a wrist fracture last year and never complained. 

#22 SandyR

SandyR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

I have predominantly had tremors, but also suffer from rigidity.  Turning over in bed has become a problem too, I  have to plan how to do it before I try. 

I've been seriously questioning if I have a form of fibromyalgia, but I'm pretty sure it's the PD.  My neck gets so sore and stiff that sometimes it's difficult to drive.  I've always had lower back pain, but it's more so now, and both of my knees.  I was prescirbed an anti-inflammatory that works, but I worry about the long term use. 

I also just found out that my sense of smell has changed, I guess it's not something you really notice until someone says something.  We were having some work done here in the office on the AC unit and everybody who walked in held their noses and commented on how awful it smelled...I didn't smell a thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users