#61 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Annikin, since my PD started on my right side, I had undiagnosed pain that felt like it was right under my ribs. Doctors treated me for IBS and did a lot of colonoscopies and endoscopies. It was only after I was diagnosed that I asked Dr. Okun about it, and he correctly identified it. I did notice that it did not seem to be related to what or when I ate. It hurt more when I was working in the kitchen, so perhaps that had something to do with the misdiagnosis. After the dishes were done, I would sit in the recli er and it would feel better.

Dianne

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#62 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:00 AM

Dianne I suspect the issues I have inhaling and the bruised feeling under my ribs is PD related. I also have noticed some shortness of breath the last year. The last 2 weeks I have had unrelenting coughing- now if I hiccup I want to scream. This needs to stop since my defense is in 11 days and it is diffcult to talk with out a coughing fit. Any ideas?

#63 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Annikin, carbidopa/levodopa has always relieved it for me. I can't remember if you're taking that or not. Perhaps a relaxation exercise every day between now and the defense of your dissertation. My favorite one for pain relief is by Richard and Mary Maddox. It is one of over 40 on the Meditation Oasis CD or podcast. I downloaded Meditation Oasis from i-tunes, or you can check their website at www.meditationoasis.com.

Have you had a chest x-ray recently, or a swallow study? The coughing and hiccips can be signs of swallowing problems.

Dianne

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#64 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

Not recently-the Dr. thinks I had some reflux from an antibiotic (I suck with medications) they think burned my throat and is causing the coughing part. The hiccups are a side effect of the requip and aren't too often but more than before the meds..

My good news today (and you will all be envious)-  I SLEPT ALL NIGHT AND UNTIL 9AM  this morning. It felt AWESOME!  Why you ask? B/C I fell asleep without my requip on board. And yes I am stiff as a board this a.m., crampy, and typing with one finger but I feel refreshed for the first time in days.  Off to take my meds now and oil my joints- the Tinman needs her oil can if she is to finish Ch. 3.

Have a great day everyone, unless you've made other plans:) 

#65 Brad24

Brad24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

I am jealous. I have not slept all night in months. I took requip for a while had to quit. I was not good for me at all. I would stay up all night cleaning house because of it. Good luck with your work. Keep up the good fight. Don't let PD keep you down and remember, " the less you do because of PD, the less you will want to do". Keep active and it will make you want to do more.
DETERMINATION "In the heart of the strong shines a relentless ray of resolve...It cannot be stopped, it cannot be controlled, and it will not fail."

#66 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

IDID IT! IDID IT! All 311 pages were submitted yesterday morning after pulling an almost all nighter- and I think I wrote the last fourteen pages in my sleep. I was so tired I was down to typing with one finger again. I wanted to call it quits so badly- But at 8 am yesterday morning I finished the entire draft, I then worked a full day- in a semi comatose state with what feels like a severe shoulder spasm, then  went home- cleaned up much of the mess I made, took care pf my critters, then laid down on the couch and slept for 13 hours!   My defense is Monday - now if I can get the tracheal spasms I seem to have developed for my Requip under control by then, I may just  make it! In light of the fact that talking makes me cough- I am not so worried about the shaking now- I've got bigger issues- 45 minutes of my defense followed by up to 2 brutal hours of questions, Dianne or anyone- any advice?  I had to start Sinemet this week  so I have regulating that on my plate as well.

Oh and I am in a pretty fragile state right not so unless  it is supportive please wait til after my defense. I really need  moral support ( and a kick ass outfit) until then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users