E-Newsletter Signup Like us on Facebook Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter
Photo

I'm outside, she's inside-how can she summon me?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve L

Steve L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Things have gotten to where I hate to leave her alone for any time at all because of frequent falls. I'm wondering if there's a way for her to alert me when she needs help if I'm outside cutting grass, etc? I've Googled around looking for ideas but haven't come up with anything yet. I was looking for a two-way alert system kind of thing, but maybe there's no such animal? Thank you for any suggestions.

#2 Donald Ennis

Donald Ennis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

http://www.motorolas...Radio_B2B_US-EN

Motorola Talkabout, they have a call button that would work great for this, there are other radios similair out there but this is one that our family uses.

#3 Steve L

Steve L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thanks Donald-I appreciate the response.

#4 brneyedgl9

brneyedgl9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

We bought a baby monitor - only thing is you can hear them, they cannot hear you. It has been helpful because we wear it around the house and can hear when my dad needs help and then just go to him.

#5 Steve L

Steve L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thanks, brneyedgl9. I'm hoping to find some sort of thing-if there even is one-that would be a button she could push that would alert me if I'm outside, in the garage, etc. The walkie-talkie thing would be better than nothing, just bigger and bulkier than what I need...trying to keep it smaller and less cumbersome.

#6 Diane K

Diane K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

We got my husband a GoTalk phone ($15 to buy it, no commitments, uses a shared line on my plan.)  When he needs me he speed dials my cell and I come to him.  He has lost his voice with PD, so I don't even answer my phone, I just go.  I gave him a unique ringtone on my cell so I always know when it's him.  It is helpful because I don't feel the need to be constantly checking on him.  I know when he needs something, he'll just call my cell.  It's also helpful during the night.  I am such a sound sleeper (from exhaustion probably!) that he had trouble waking me up when he needs help.  Now he just calls me and my cell wakes me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users