#281 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

I was just sitting down to chronicle--for my Neuro appointment tomorrow--my symptoms, drug dosage, and DBS adjustments since my last visit, when I came across this from 2012.  I've redacted the Drs names, but everything else is as I gave it to him.  Thought it might prove interesting--at least mildly--so I'm  sharing it...

February 18th, 2014 - Routine Visit - Dr. xxxxxxxxx  xxxxx

Oct 17th, 2013 - Annual visit with Dr. xxxx.  Dr. xxxx raised R Body to 1.2.  Overall, things look good.

Jan 4th - DBS R Body, raised to 1.3; Meds, frequency decreased by 30 mins a dose.

Jan 9th - Meds decreased to 3 x day.

Jan 17th - DBS, R Body, raised to 1.4.

Jan 23rd - Tremor, persistent, meds raised to 4 x day.

Jan 28th -  Foot twisting, L Body, raised to 1.2.

Feb 5th, 6th, 7th - Hip pain; both sides, upon waking.

Feb 10th - Hip pain persistent upon rising and very uncomfortable during the morning, L Body 

lowered to 1.1/R Body to 1.3

Feb 15th - Hip pain gone, tremor back, R Body raised to 1.4.

Current Conditions:

L Body - 1.10/R Body 1.40

Battery level 2.92

R Body:  Foot dragging more than usual (tripped three times last week), second and third toes tend to turn under.  Hip pain has improved, and all the callouses on my feet are now gone - this means, the chronic, excessive foot twisting is much improved.

L Body:  Slight twisting in right big toe and tingling/numbness sensation also along big toe and into foot - mostly noticed upon rising. If I raise the DBS to 1.2, the twisting is worse and I have hip pain, if I lower it, things improve, but I require more meds. 

Currently taking 4 Sinemet daily.

Dx 2004, age 45.  DBS surgery, 2009:  Bi-lateral; wires to one battery - on my left side.  500mg Sinemet CR daily.  

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." --Plato

#282 mickirose

mickirose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Locationsouthern california

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Thanks Kim for sharing what fine tuning means. Keeping log of any changes and results is obviously important. You continually give us info. to learn from. Thanks. Micki

64 yrs.old   Presented with R hand tremor 2002 Dx'd 2004  Multiiple meds gone through and tossed due to adverse side effects . Presently on Sinemet 1 1/4 25/100 7x/24 hrs., Paxil, lotrel, Lipitor,Prilosec. Have moderate bilateral tremors, rigidity, bradykinesia, moderate dyskinesia during "ON" time, poor fine motor and poor manual strength esp. on left. Slight softening of speech and pronunciation. Handwriting and computer use issues. DBS in near future.  Nana of 4 little beauties under 8 and 1 soon to arrive! Tai cHI for health and balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users