23 replies to this topic

#21 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

You are a great daughter. I think your list of questions is terrific. One other thing we've found helpful is to make a notebook for my husband (I now have one too) that has everything medical in it. We have a plastic sheet for business cards of all the doctors in the front (makes it a breeze when filling out forms), a section for lab tests results, another for notes from each visit, one for x-ray or test results, etc. The notes section helps us prepare for the next visit with each doctor. Also, don't forget to order the NPF Aware in Care Kit: 

#22 Rebecca2z

Rebecca2z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationParadise Ca

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Aww thanks Golden for your kind post.

I am going to call the office supply place in my town and see if I can find one of those plastic sheets for business cards. I have one of those too, Stanford gave it to me, I have been thinking of emptying mine and sending it to them, they it need it more. I have found that thing very handy.

I love your idea of a note book with tabs, that would make things so much easier for my mom and my fretful dad.

I think I did order that NPF kit, I called them and asked for info to be sent to my father and after I did that I saw on their site they had the kit, so I am not sure if they are sending that or not. But my parents would like that.

I talked to my parents yesterday and told them I found them a new doctor and my dad says " don't get your hopes up" errr, he's really depressed. So sad to see a man who was strong up until a year ago go down without a fight.

Thanks for the tips, I am all over that !

hugs,

Rebecca

#23 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

To obtain a handicapped sticker for your vehicle the patient needs submit a Department of Motor Vehciles issued official form signed by the physician.  Bringing said form along on the first doctor's visit will save a return for that limited purpose.  In DC they issue both short and long term disability stickers.  The nature of our illness unfortunately calls for the second.

Edited by Rogerstar1, 29 October 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#24 Rebecca2z

Rebecca2z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationParadise Ca

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

oh good info Rogerstar !

I hope I will be able to proceed with all my plans, just got a call my dad is trying to harm himself again.

He so depressed. waiting to find out what is going on, so helpless in california as he is Maine.

sob

rebecca

Edited by Rebecca2z, 29 October 2013 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users