#1 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationDeep South Louisiana

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

I wanted to see what everysone does for fun. Things yall enjoy. I know we enjoy our family ect... but what is it that really interest us.

I will think about mine and add it hrre tomorrow. Its 11:48 pm here and I'm tired... good night

♥chelle

#2 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Chelle,

Good question.  My favorite thing to do is going on long walks through our neighborhood with my wife.

Dave

#3 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

It's hard to get motivated any more but I enjoy:

Camping
Oil painting (haven't done this in years)
Jig saw Puzzles
Flower gardening/landscaping
Taking rides in vehicles
Reading
Movies
Writing in my blog
Photography
Sunrises
<3.<3.<3.

#4 Jlc

Jlc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

I enjoy:

Motorcycles
video games
nature walks
exercising
playing guitar

#5 young_dad

young_dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Playing with my kids (indoors or out, board games, video games, etc)

Watching my kids discover or experience new things

Running (just started liking this more)

Camping

Reading

#6 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Body piercing
Tattoos
Toenail trimming
Giving the dog a bath
Talking to my liberal Democrat friends
Constipation

Whoops,,, are they supposed to be fun things? In that case...

Sarcasm and having fun
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#7 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Knowing where words come from. For example, the Latin root of the word sarcasm means, "to tear flesh." *Source: "One Day at a Time" Copyright Al-Anon Family Groups, Inc. NY, NY.

Being able to remain at peace inside when all outside is turmoil.

Finding the best price plus free shipping on the best quality items I can afford and need.

Having a place for everything and everything in it's place.

Reading.

Writing.

Resting.

Learning.

Prayer/meditation.

Meeting with friends and others with similar interests, such as PD support groups and my Friday writer's group.

Sharing my experience, strength, and hope and getting it in return from others..

Finding a great coupon the same week one of my essential items is on sale.

***New found fun--exploring my new area in my electric wheelchair.***

Being correct.

Practicing acceptance and appreciation.

Music, as long as it's not too loud.

Some movies.

A few good friends in small gatherings.

Tranquility in nature.

Guess I'm the typical non-excitement seeking PD type!

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#8 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Body piercing
Tattoos
Toenail trimming
Giving the dog a bath
Talking to my liberal Democrat friends
Constipation

Whoops,,, are they supposed to be fun things? In that case...

Sarcasm and having fun

This is funny cause my husband one time cut his toenails and put them in my wallet. Needless to say i was very embarrassed when i was in the checkout line.

#9 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

20131031_172759_zps1303ad7a.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

#10 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

From the Urban dictionary:

1. sarcasm
A tongue of which the user speaks of something the complete opposite of what the user means. It often has the best comedic value.
Ex. 1: "I'm okay. Don't mind the gaping wound and the sword protruding from my back. I'm fine. Feel like a million INAPPROPRIATEing bucks, dammit." 

Ex. 2: 
"Is your car stuck in the mud?" 
"No, no, of course not. I'm only practicing how to spray mud using my tires. 

Jackass."

3. sarcasm
Your body's natural defense against stupid.
You walk into a hospital room where your friend is on a bed with his left leg, no arms, and only half of his prick. You say,"How ya doin, man?" 
He says,"Oh, just great. I feel better than ever. I could just hop all around the world, I feel so great." 
You say,"Really? That's some great news." 

See, this isn't your friend trying to make you look stupid, which if you said one or both of these things, you might be, it was his immune system acting due to the high levels of stupidity being taken into his brain. It automatically responded with sarcasm. So don't take it personaly.
4. Sarcasm
A word that gives you the possibility to play with your imagination when asked stupid questions.
A random is painting his fence, when his neighbor comes up to him and asks a stupid question:

Neighbor: Oh, you're painting your fence today? 
Random: No, I'm milking cows on jupiter, while drinking light soda and driving. 
Neighbour: Was that sarcasm? 
Random: Now, why would you think that? 
5. sarcasm
Noun. A very British form of humour which derives laughs from saying something while really meaning something else. Often (though not always, contrary to popular belief) used in scathing remarks. 

The word 'Sarcasm' is derived from a Greek word meaning 'tearing flesh', which is why sarcastic vegetarians are so ironic.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#11 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Being correct.

Beau's Mum…How do you do that?  

I mean how do you know your "correct"?  

If your doing math, I see how you can do it.

But in philosophical and spiritual matters, how do you know your "correct"?  

#12 Jenette

Jenette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

We have a motorhome and take long weekends. There is a group of us, maybe 5or 6 campers that go together. Great friends, great relaxation, and special time with my dear hubby

#13 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Correct means doing what works best for me. Right indicates that someone else is wrong, and does not mean the same thing.. Correct implies that my choices work to bring me what I most desire which, right now, are serenity and joy and love in the universal sense. It is a completely unique and personal experience to me and the lessons that are presented for me to bring me closer to my desired goals. It involves a total lack of judgement of myself or anyone else, which for me takes willingness and practice, because it is still fairly easy for me to slip back into a sense of inferiority or superiority, which only leads to more judgement which leads away from peace and serenity. If I am upset for any reason, it is because I am judging a person or situation as being unacceptable to me. If someone were to ask me if that was bringing me closer to my stated goals, I would have to laugh at myself, forgive myself for getting off track, and return to doing what is correct for me.

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#14 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

From "Online Etymology Dictionary":

sarcasm (n.) dictionary.gif 1570s, sarcasmus, from Late Latin sarcasmus, from late Greek sarkasmos "a sneer, jest, taunt, mockery," from sarkazein "to speak bitterly, sneer," literally "to strip off the flesh," from sarx (genitive sarkos) "flesh," properly "piece of meat," from PIE root *twerk- "to cut" (cf. Avestan thwares "to cut"). Current form of the English word is from 1610s. For nuances of usage, see humor.
Dianne

#15 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

BM, you are "correct"...

1. correct
To look physically good. To be in good shape. To not be saggin' or a big person.
That shorty is looking mad correct. Check out Jazman, she's got much booy and a nice chest, now she's correct.

2. Correct
Slang term for murder or killing someone or something

My girlfriend Nicole told me she saw a spider in the washroom and "corrected its ass"

you better step correct or get corrected

you are a problem thats about to be corrected  

3. correct
the right answer; its exact.
1.The correct fact about Javy and Kelly is that Kelly loves Javy way more then javy loves her. 
2.Kelly is always correct when javy is mean to her. 
4. correct
1.the right answer 
2.looking good
1. She got the correct answer 
2. Damn! That girl was correct! 

5. Correct
Everything is right. There will be nothing wrong.
Andrew: Tonight's gonna be soooo good 
Shannon: Tonight is gonna be sooo correct!
- the urban dictionary 

#16 young_dad

young_dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Beau's Mom - Have you heard the show on NPR called A Way with Words?  It's out of the San Diego station, but they podcast it and based upon your responses, I'd say you'd love it.

EDITED By Request:  Sorry, the engineer in me always wants to change things to TLA's (Two/Three Letter Acronyms)

Edited by young_dad, 05 November 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#17 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thanks, young_dad. I'll check it oout.

For the record, I prefer to ba called Beau's Mom or simply Dianne, as I sign my posts. BM just doesn't fit the bill, or the foot!

Dianne

#18 AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

For fun.........i shoot, reload my own ammo and customize weapons..............i'm a all round nice fun guy. 

#19 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

I have started making jewelry for fun. Hopefully I can sell it to. My husband asked me today if I noticed that my tremors stop when I'm making jewelry. Yep that's partly due to my tremor being mostly a resting tremor and also because when I'm focused on what I'm doing and enjoying something they go away.

I think my next adventure will be to learn how to climb a tree stand. My husband has been begging me for years but i finally bought me a harness. Im more concerned that my legs wont handle the strain but still gonna try.

This year ima focus on taking pics and sharing them unless some huge buck comes out.

#20 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

I clean and articulate dinosaur bones once a week for a friend of mine who is a paleo-ontologist- don't think I spelled that right- a dino doctor.  The work is great for keeping my hands nimble. After my PD diagnosis last year I went hang gliding- I started taking my bucket list seriously. This year it is zip-lining. I scuba dive (part of being a marine biologist). beachcombe, serve as a foster mom for the local animal shelter and help build houses for Habitat for Humanity. My guilty pleasure is reading. And who doesn't love long walks on the beach!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users