#1 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationDeep South Louisiana

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

I know some will agree and some will disagree but I have seen several remarks that can be construed ( I'm an aweful speller) as negative. Sometimes its not even the way its meant to be said. We all come here for support. We are not always right ( this includes myself) or wrong. But we are all rowing the same boat. I know that this maynot change anything but I thought the ultimate goal here was to help, support, and guide people who have no where else to express their feelings. Wether is mad, sad, or happy. You have all helped me through my difficult times and I hope that along this unwanted journey I can be of some help too. I hope that. Everyone has a blessed and safe weekend.

Lots of love
Chelle

#2 thedaveman000

thedaveman000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Chelle, 

I haven't had very much conversation with you but I think you are right on the money with this. Whether it's PD, MD, MSA, ALS, etc we are all in this Neurological boat in life. When a person has a broken arm everyone can see it their pain. When a person is dealing with neurological issues however everyone else can't always see the pain and that's where this forum really has value. We all are rowing that boat and know what it's like. I also feel that sometimes, typed words don't exactly show human emotion that we maybe feeling such as, sympathy. Our words might make logical sense and might be correctly structured based on our experiences but people can't always see our genuine concern for them through words (sometimes). Anyway in short, I agree with you Chelle and I value everyone's opinion and support here on this site. Have a good weekend also.

#3 metfan31

metfan31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationNorth Suburbs of Chicago

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Wow. I totally agree, and I think depression and anxiety should be added to Dave's list. I would like to sincerly apologize if any of my comments were read as offensive or cruel. Sometimes my humor doesn't play in the written word, and when I'm not being funny I tend to be too honest. So I hope we all can agree to try to not take things on here personally and try to put our energy in being supportive.

#4 Jlc

Jlc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Same here. I love this place and everyone here.

#5 chelle

chelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationDeep South Louisiana

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for posting back. I am guilty of this myself. When I say something in my head it sounds one way then I type it and it sounds different. Sometimes depending on the person reading its state of mind. I know this happens in everyday life not just on here. I try and reread my post to see if its sounds as I was expressing it. And I even try to watch my language (that don't happen often ) we all have happy days, bad days, stressful days and we are all in this together. At least I feel like I would be there for everyone.

Ok its gonna be a lomg weekend. Friday Night Football. Its the firsr game of the playoffs tonight and a wrestling tourny tomorrow so I will be off till then.

Chelle

#6 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Y'all brought tears to my Parkie dry eyes. The warmth and caring here are palpable to me. There are other places I go for support both in person and online. This was my first home after I was diagnosed and believe it or not, there is less obvious dissensi in these threads than in some other groups. Love you all!

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users