#641 jds6958

jds6958

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

After some research, the longvida version still seems a safer bet. According to NOW's info on it, it is:

I found a place here and there that stated BCM-95 crossed the BBB (which is a different issue than bioavailability), but no support for it. Longvida has studies proving that it is not only highly bioavailable, but does substantially cross the BBB as it is in a "free" form, that is, untagged. Standard cucurium gets tagged and can't cross the BBB much.

So being unsure on the BCM-95, I'll probably stick with the longvida version.

Wow...me too.  Thanks for the extra due diligence.  Another reasons I love Now Foods.

#642 jds6958

jds6958

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Just checking in.

Still no symptoms or side effects since December 23rd.

#643 MrFritz

MrFritz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

SUPPLEMENT STATUS UPDATE

I just completed the first week of my 4 month supplement protocol suggested by Jon (see signature below). Note that I was not expecting to feel any different so soon after starting but I was hoping to notice some difference. Alas! nothing to report. No change in any PD issues or in my general well being.

Fred

1000mg Vitamin D3; 81 mg ASPIRIN; 100mg LOSARTAN + 5 mg AMLODIPINE for High Blood Pressure; 6 tabs 25/100 CARBIDOPA/LEVODOPA + 1 mg RASAGILINE for PD + Started UDCA on October 16, 2013. Currently on 300mg 4x/day for a total of 1200mg.

On January 18, 2015 I started the following supplement protocol: • EGCg, Green Tea Extract: 400mg 1x/day • Triphala: 500mg 2x/day • NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine): 600mg 4x/day. I am also adding 1 tablet Centrum Silver Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement which will be replaced by Solgar Formula Vm-75 Multiple Vitamins with Chelated Minerals when I need to reorder.

#644 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

Looks like you ARE making a meal of out all of these.  Good luck!

#645 RickCopple

RickCopple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Week 1 Off TUDCA Update

Some symptom changes this first week. A significant one being the first improvement I had after taking TUDCA: regaining my low bass notes. In general, a downward trend, though I'm not ready to call the game yet. I feel I'll need at least a couple more weeks showing that trend continues before deciding to end this test in favor of TUDCA. So the test continues.

If you're interested in reading a more detailed report, visit:

http://rickspdjourne...holic-acid.html

Rick Copple

http://rickspdjourney.blogspot.com/

First symptoms: early 2012 at 51 years of age. Diagnosed: May 2013. Currently on Sinemet, Azilect, and various suppliments.

#646 jds6958

jds6958

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

Today I stopped UDCA and started TUDCA.  I am taking 1250mg of TUDCA (250mg x 2-1-1-1).

#647 MrFritz

MrFritz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

Rick,

You certainly are a brave soul. I refused to try stopping UDCA to see what would happen. As your post suggests, TUDCA did help you and now that you've stopped, your prior symptoms are returning. I hope that when you restart TUDCA (and I know you will) you can get back to where you were. Please don't wait too long.

Fred

1000mg Vitamin D3; 81 mg ASPIRIN; 100mg LOSARTAN + 5 mg AMLODIPINE for High Blood Pressure; 6 tabs 25/100 CARBIDOPA/LEVODOPA + 1 mg RASAGILINE for PD + Started UDCA on October 16, 2013. Currently on 300mg 4x/day for a total of 1200mg.

On January 18, 2015 I started the following supplement protocol: • EGCg, Green Tea Extract: 400mg 1x/day • Triphala: 500mg 2x/day • NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine): 600mg 4x/day. I am also adding 1 tablet Centrum Silver Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement which will be replaced by Solgar Formula Vm-75 Multiple Vitamins with Chelated Minerals when I need to reorder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users