#1 mike709

mike709

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMiddletown PA

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone else get numbness in hands and feet when lying down. Is this normal with Parkinson's

#2 redsox34john

redsox34john

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hi Mike,

Yes Numbness and Tingling is a PD side effect, like the tremors, achy muscles, memory problems etc isn't enough, check with your Parkie DR, or your primary and let them know you are experiencing this, I get this every now and then my Parkinson's is on my right side for now, I am only 40.

Hope this Helps

John

#3 MjolnirTime

MjolnirTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Mine comes on despite of position, and is typically only surface numbness (just the skin).

#4 Mihai

Mihai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hi guys,

I have noticed a lot of numbness in my hands and feet (toes mostly) in the past several months...not sure what that's all about...have to research it. I do empathize with you on that topic!

Mihai

#5 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

yes i get it on my right side usually when laying in bed or sitting for long periods of time. dont know what they can do for it i just take it as it comes, don't stress to much about it, if you get answers let us know, bless you all.

#6 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Hi guys,

I have noticed a lot of numbness in my hands and feet (toes mostly) in the past several months...not sure what that's all about...have to research it. I do empathize with you on that topic!

Mihai

Mihai- I have noticed the numnbness in my toes as well- any luck researching it? Mine fits the description of peripheral neuropathy-sometimes it feels like something is wrapped around my toes like tape or a strand of  hair- waiting to hear from the neuro doc if it is PD related and what I can do for it. Sometimes its numb, other times it is numb but  shocks me when I walk, worse with shoes on- it started in one toe now it involves three toes. The toes look pink and healthy but the spreading to adjacent toes has me concerned

#7 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

At http://www.patientslikeme.com/, there is a questionnaire for PD patients to fill out periodically. One of the questions is about numbness, tingling and pain that can be attributed directly to PD. So, yes, the pain and tingling in my toes that began years before I was diagnosed is PD related. It's a wonderful, free website where you can find many diseases and track your symptoms, join a forum if you like, keep a journal, and remain anonymous. You can even make a printout showing your ups and downs over time to take to your MDS visits. My new MDS really liked that I brought that with me last week. Even those of you with multiple disorders will find people just like you there. Check it out!

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#8 Mihai

Mihai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Nope, haven't looked into it yet...I'll try to see what I can find...

Mihai

#9 lethe

lethe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

I've felt general numbness in my legs, up to my thighs, for the last year.

#10 sarahjo

sarahjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

i was just thinking about this topic the other day, several months ago, i told my husband when i am laying down in bed or just paying attention i guess i feel as if my legs and sometime hand and arm up to elbow and occasionally my cheek on right side feels as though they are numb just on the skin, its different than when i have the heaviness in my limbs, i am right side symptomatic  but lately i have had some of these wonderful symptoms on both sides, trying to stay positive, and take one day at a time. I hope the best for you all. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users