• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Equiskr

Equiskr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

They last 6 weeks have been a night and difference in my mom. She went from care taking my dad to driving and shopping with some difficulty to falling frequently unable to get up unable to drive, barely can walk with walker. I set up an emergency neuro appointment. He highly recommended rehab for three weeks. Now her brain is changing, with lots of confusion, she speaks almost like she is brain damaged kind of with some kind of draw to her words. She is aware and alert but can not deal with higher functioning responsibilities. Yesterday she had trouble breathing and found she has fluid in her lungs they also said her EKG was very slightly different. She was taken from rehab and admitted to the hospital. She also has started sundowning, that in itself is devastating, her mouth hung open her eyes seem to peer through me, and is slightly delusional when she sun downs. Breaks my heart. Thank you Kim

#2 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

So sorry, this must be so very difficult for you and your family. Could there be an infection that has been missed? I had a friend who's Dad had sudden changes like this (he also had marked personality changes) and they found a hard to treat bladder infection. He was back to normal when that was treated. Good luck to all of you. 

Husband diagnosed in 2005-Medicines: Azilect, Artane, and Amantadine; Sister and Best Friend from Childhood also have PD

#3 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

Yes, by all means good luck on  figuring  this one out.  I wondered whether it could possibly be a series of small strokes..

#4 Equiskr

Equiskr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Strokes have crossed my mind. Also I know the took urine. Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users