• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iamwired

iamwired

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

I have these odd feelings in the morning, and I can't quite make out what it is. Its very difficult to describe. Just so you know, I have had symptoms of PD for 2 years now, went to see an MDS, and he ordered a Datscan, with the comment "R/O Parkinsonism".  That is where I am at this point. But I forgot to mention to him, I knew I would forget something, these odd feelings I get in the morning.  I'm not sure what it is or if it is related to anything I am going through, though I imagine it is.

I fall asleep at night just fine. I'm actually super sleepy early evening. As far as I know I sleep most of the night. But I wake up sometime between 4 and 5 am with this odd feeling of not being able to lay in any position. I have to shift, find that new position just as bad, and I find myself awkwardly shifting in bed. It is mainly from my legs. An odd sort of tingly feeling.  I figured it is Restless Leg Syndrome, except whenever I look up that condition all that is ever mentioned is that people can't sleep because they get that at night. Mine is only early in the morning.

I've considered some sort of anxiety, but as someone who has had some anxiety before, it isn't the same. In anxiety in the past, my mind would race with many worried thoughts, stomach butterflies, etc. But in this case no worried thoughts, stomach fine. Just the odd restless tingle.

So, sound familiar to anyone as being related to a Parkinsonism?

#2 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

I have standard old PD and suffer from the identical symptom of awakening when my Sinemet wears off and proceeding to toss and turn, a comfortable position eluding me until I take a half pill with water.  This allows restful sleep for another two hours by which time it is usually time to get up.  Salient point?  To have restful sleep you must be optimally or at least adequately medicated. 

#3 iamwired

iamwired

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Ok, thank you. I'm not on any medication at this point. MDS wants to do Datscan first. But that odd feeling stays with me throughout the day, though that first morning period is the worst. I go from a deep sleep to that feeling. I wasn't sure if it is just RLS, a movement disorder issue, or just some anxiety. Some days are worse than others, and today's was bad. I had to get up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users