6 replies to this topic

#1 noah

noah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

I was interested in how other dose their sinemet.  I was taking it at 8,12 and 4.  I would have a small something to eat for B(I am one of those who cant take it on an empty stomach with out throwing up) then afer an hour during which time I would drive to work I would take my first dose.(When I got to work)  Lately I dont feel that great driving to work especially in the snow so was considering trying to take it before I leave the house.( I am concerned I might get in an accident.) Dont ask me to describe how I feel b/c I just dont feel right.  Maybe you can understand what I mean.  When others ask me to explain how I feel its hard to do.  For those of you still working what type of schedule do you keep with your sinemet?

Thanks for your input!

#2 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi noah,

In the early days when Sinemet made me nauseous, I would eat a dry cracker when I took it. It helped tremendously, and did not interfere with the absorption of the medication. Protein is usually the culprit that prevents quick absorption because the liver processes protein before it will process Sinemet. 

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#3 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Howdy,

1.5 pills of 25/100  3:30, 7:30, 11:30, 3:30

Protein does not seem to make a difference.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#4 Drummergirl

Drummergirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationWhite River Jct. Vermont

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Noah,
I still work and really try to stick to a routine.

I take half a pill sinemet 25/100 as soon as I wake up, along with .05 mg Azilect, am only.

Most nights I wake up one to two times and also take a half.
Throughout the day I continue a half a pill every 2.5-3hrs. Keeping the doses close so not to have a wear off.

Throw protien in there and sometimes that is an issue. I do eat oatmeal, cereal or toast first thing in the am.
It seems to work for me, for now.
Karen

Dx in 95' at 35- Normal MRI, Abnormal Da t Scan- Resting tremor- right foot, leg tremors. RX- 25/100 Carb/ l =600 mg,
0.5 Azilect 1 daily Comtan 200mg 2 day, 0.5 mg Clonazepam 1 daily.

#5 noah

noah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

So it sounds like you guys take dome meds before leaving the house for the day

#6 Drummergirl

Drummergirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationWhite River Jct. Vermont

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Absolutely, I wouldn't be able to drive if I didn't since my tremor is in my legs.
Karen

Dx in 95' at 35- Normal MRI, Abnormal Da t Scan- Resting tremor- right foot, leg tremors. RX- 25/100 Carb/ l =600 mg,
0.5 Azilect 1 daily Comtan 200mg 2 day, 0.5 mg Clonazepam 1 daily.

#7 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

I take my sinemet 4 times a day Waiting a hour before any protein helps also to maintain strength of dose.I take it 4 times 1.5,1,1.5 and 1 25/100 sinemet.looking for something to hold me till morning as i still wake up about 3 every morning.

sleep do suggest mirmex or roperial before bed instead of last dose sinemet.

Last night i took a ride in the snow on my new snowmobile. Got about a mile away and got stuck.Had to walk back but I got it out this morning..Even PD didnt stop me but it was a long slow walk.lol

Took the dog for a ride today and she loved it,didnt want to get off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users