• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ahpark

ahpark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

My endocrinologist has recently prescribed Actonel for me. I am taking Azilect and the Neupro patch for my Parkinson's. Are any of these medications contraindicated with Actonel? thank you for your answer.

#2 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Advanced Member

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

There are no drug interactions, but here are some facts that your Dr or pharmacist might not have told you:
1) Food may reduce the absorption of risedronate, which may lead to lower blood levels of the medication and possibly reduced effectiveness. You should take risedronate first thing in the morning, at least 30 minutes before you eat or drink anything or take any other medication. Take each dose with a full glass (6 to 8 ounces) of water, and use only plain water (not mineral or vitamin water). Do not take risedronate if you cannot sit upright or stand for at least 30 minutes. Because risedronate can cause irritation and ulcer in the stomach or esophagus (the tube that connects your mouth and stomach), you will need to stay upright for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
2) Rasagiline may be taken with or without food.
Hope that helps.
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users