#41 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Yayy Sheila Power!!  Love you right back!

#42 she-ra

she-ra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

I called.  My appointment is not until August 12 but at least it's with an MDS.  When I called before they wanted me to stick with the previous neurologist instead.  He was okay just not forthcoming.  I get the feeling that there just isn't enough known.  Too many variables and the treatments sound pretty scary!

Thanks for caring! 

Sheila ^_^

#43 KimAgain

KimAgain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Perfect!  That's only about 4 months, plenty of time for you to start writing your history down and all the questions you want answered...  And, if you need someone to ride shotgun with ya, count me in!

#44 she-ra

she-ra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

You crack me up!

Sheila ^_^

#45 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Sheila- Whenever my appointments seem so far out scheduling-wise I make sure to ask to be put on the cancellation list-- this way if something opens up I may get to go in sooner. Some offices even encourage you to call as much as daily to see if someone cancelled- not as easy to do if you live far away  but worth a try. I also make a follow up appointment before I leave- - a few months out- then I can be assured of an appointment in a reasonable amount of time  for the next visit but also have the option of canceling it if I do not feel the need to see my MDS. Just be sure to call within the expected cancellation time frame. Also some doctors and insurance plans have tele-visits in the event you need to talk to the doctor but not necessarily need a physical face to face. You might want to ask your new MDS and insurance  company if they participate in such a program. Just some thoughts.....Best of luck...

Annikin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users