johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi,

Ive had PD now for five years.My condition is pretty much drug and exercise controled and I use the method from Dr. low to maintain my emotional health.

My spouse has been ill since Christmas.She is suffering from a bad case of diverticilitis.She has been in the hosptial several times and hopefully now she wont have to go back unless she needs surgery.

Ive been taking good care of her and especialy advocating  with her healthcare.one thing that has helped is i did alot of investigating her symptoms by googling all her conditions and drugs.She had alot of back pain spreading down into buttocks and legs.She also had burning in her shoulders and neck.i found simular cases even though her doctors were unaware.Now she is home and the pain is managable with pain killers.

Now before I had PD I doubt I would have had as much emathy for my wife.I mentioned to her doctors I knew all to well what uncontrolable pain when I had dystonia.In dealing with her providers I had alot of temper but I didnt express it and things improved with good communication.Express your feelings but supress your temper.

There are pluses of having PD and sufferers can be good caregivers. Of course i wouldn't have been able to do as well without Dr Low and his method.www.lowselfhelpsystems.org

I hope all you look into Recovery Inc.if your looking for mental comfort.

www.lowselfhelpsystems.org

John

#2 Tadpole

Tadpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I can identify. My husband and I have played "trading places" a couple of times since we retired. We figure we just role play the best way for the current situation.

#3 Didi

Didi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I can definitely identify. Although my husband and I are  "young" --  47 and 50 respectively, we are both now dealing from chronic illness. I was diagnosed with an illness similar to Lupus 3 years ago and my husband cared for me, now 3 years later, I am doing well on medications, and we discover that he has PD. We can't both help but wonder what the future will hold -- Who will take care of whom?  Hopefully the trading places will work, and we won't both be dealing with a setback at the same time. At least we both will be able to have empathy for one another. Thank God we have our faith, our family, and  a strong marriage. With God we can deal with whatever lies ahead.

Your wife is blessed to have a caring husband. I hope she is feeling better soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users