4 replies to this topic

#1 GreenT

GreenT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

Hi
I've been having some symptoms of PD like tremors, stiffness and pain, in turning of feet etc for about 2 yrs. I am 37 and have seen couple of doctors who think it is dystonia and are waiting to start medication. My dad has PD and was diagnosed at 56 years of age. Since so many of you did get diagnosed with early-onset PD, can someone suggest a doc who is aware of this existence and open to evaluating my symptoms without the age bias?

Thanks and have a great day!

#2 GreenT

GreenT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Sorry forgot to mention I live in NJ and M looking for a doc in the NY/NJ area.

#3 SherryKnuth

SherryKnuth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

You need to go to a Movement Disorder Neurologist.  Mine was able to dx me with YOPD in a fairly short time.  I had the same symptoms you are describing.  Has one of your arms stopped swinging properly as well?   Sorry I can not suggest a doc as I do not live in your area.

#4 noah

noah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

I see my doctor via telemedicine and I live in central ny. He is doing a study and I think they are recruiting. Let me know if you r interested and I will pass contact info along.

#5 GreenT

GreenT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

Hi Sherryknuth and Noah, thanks for your suggestions.

Noah, yes, I am interested in checking out your doctor. Would appreciate if you could provide the contact details. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users