E-Newsletter Signup Like us on Facebook Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter
Photo

Please bring in the experts........got an odd one here!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ellaangel2

ellaangel2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

I had an isolated freezing episode 10 years ago, never got an answer through MRI's, MRA's taken, never thought of PD at the time, but now that I look back, it sure acted just like a freeze, as described, in PD.

Never heard of it as a first isolated symptom though.........have any of you?

Five years later paresthesia all over body out of the blue, randomly, many tests taken all negative, take Gabapentin for relief.

2 months after paresthesia, right side tremor at rest........leg and sometimes hand, only occurs when stressed, cold or exertion, never any other time. This was 2009.

No progression since 2009, symptoms remain the same today.

No "official" dx of PD as of yet, but sure looks like it to me.

One MDS did mention an "Isolated Resting Tremor" varient of PD where tremor is only motor symptom for many years, but after so many years of only tremor (could be up to 15 years) advanced symptoms start occurring.

Has anyone any knowledge on this varient of PD?

Edited by ellaangel2, 02 May 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#2 Cicimill

Cicimill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

My mother had a similar episode of total freez about 5 yrs ago. It occurred about 3 yrs later. While we were trying to find out what was wrong with her discovered she had PD. She is now 87 and this week froze completely up two times. In ER now to be admitted to hospital per doctor for more test.

Curious if this a PD episode or something else. Blood pressure drops extremely low 84/38 during the last episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users