24 replies to this topic

#21 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

Timing will usually differ from person to person depending on the amount needed. I take mine at 7am, 1pm and 8pm  I may need to add an extra dose at some point to get me through the nights, but I also take sleep aids and so far so good.

Old+Slow -  You must not be too advanced in PD.  My mom takes hers at 5:30 am, 1pm and 8PM but really she's depleted after about 6 hours each time.  I can't give her another dose because the dyskinesia sets in.   She is at her limit.

#22 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

Try giving her smaller doses at closer intervals.  Worked for me.

#23 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

My mom takes Stalevo.  They all contain 200mg Entacapone so if she took the lesser dose and more frequently then that's too much of that.  Sinemet is too weak for her.  I've tried that already.  My mom is a special case. 

#24 old+slow

old+slow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationNH.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Old+Slow -  You must not be too advanced in PD.  My mom takes hers at 5:30 am, 1pm and 8PM but really she's depleted after about 6 hours each time.  I can't give her another dose because the dyskinesia sets in.   She is at her limit.

No thankfully I'm not advanced. I was dx'ed as Early Onset a little over a year ago. I'd had symptoms for 3yrs but it wasn't till I saw a MDS that I got the offical diagnoses. I'm now taking 25-100 Sinemet 3 pills 3 times daily and it's working well for me. I do have the usual side effects, but my symptoms are now very minimal.

So what were we talking about?

#25 miracleseeker

miracleseeker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Ahh... yes you are doing fine.  It took years before my mom got worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users