#81 TexasTom

TexasTom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Thanks Musicman.   I've always wondered if I had a twin.....    College Days at Cal Poly SLO.   I had people walk up to me and just start talking to me, and I didn't have the foggest idea who they were.  Just total brain fade, I'd just smile and go along the the conversation, wondering who is this person?

One day one of my best friends came up and said "I met your twin!"  I'm like what?  She thought it was odd as I was down in the quad when I normally was in class, spotted me, and walked up to see what I was up to.  Once she was two feet from the person she realized "You're not Tom!".  Guy commented it wasn't the first time people had walked up to him and started to ramble on about a class, and HE didn't have a clue who it was either!

So if Grafsmaster attended Cal Poly SLO.......  

Other small world... I worked for Bosch in Germany, another American was also working their... and commented "you remind me of someone". UH, OK.  I asked who? He is like you would have never meet him, as he is in Minnesota... you were from California, and we meet at a car meet in Sweden.  I looked at him and asked "Oh, you mean Tim Winker -- my other twin from a different mother".  Tom Remedios was blown away with "how do (bleep) you know Tim?  ".       Queue up it is small world after all...

Edited by TexasTom, 17 September 2014 - 07:29 AM.

Dx 9/2014   55 years old   First Symptoms 2005 

Currently no meds.  Good days/bad days. 

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without also helping himself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

#82 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

Uhhhhh, can we ask about your father ????........ Or shd we be polite and just move on!!!

You and Michael will be buddies....cannot believe the similarities...scary tho....you are going to provoke Michael into a higher speed...pry leave the rest of us behind.....manic plus manic equals craaaazy!

Well, I know I ain't leaving this party to go down the street to see what's happen'......this place will ROCK!!

(Don't mind me...I'm the old lady in the corner eating my cream of wheat.....warning, if u want to keep Michael as a friend, don't mess with his malt o'meal...he gets REAL serious about his malt o meal......)

Hey, Michael, you just might have found your buddy to help fly Rogers plane back to the west Coast!
Dx'd 6/13 @ 66. Symptoms 10 years prior.
carbidopa/l dopa 50/200 5x daily
Normal DaT scan, normal MRI. Dx'd w/l dopa challenge by MDS
Symptoms: break thru tremors rt side, rt leg drag when fatigued, balance, cognitive/ speech issues, apathy

#83 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hey old lady, keep your fingers out of my Malt-O-Meal...........pfffft.   Tom, not  too many folks actually understand the camera reference these days, but I still shoot with a 4X5 Crown Graphic, as well as a 4X5 Graphic View in the studio.

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Sinemet 6X/day (700mg L-Dopa) 

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

<Remember, Reality is still optional>

<Love shared, Is Love increased........ Pain shared, is Pain decreased.>

#84 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

You might have Parkinson's (and getting DBS) if:

You see your parents and ask: "Remember all those times when you told me I needed something like I needed another hole in my head??" Well, I'm here to collect.......................

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

#85 TexasTom

TexasTom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Michael -- I still have my Canon AE-1 Program.  Everyone is like "where is the display?"   

These days I use a Canon Lumix DMC-LX5.  Just the right size, and stabilization is just right.

Now if you have a Halda Twinmaster, and a Curta.... (or know what those are)... another twin! Yes, I still them from my rallye days.

Tom

BACK TO "You might have Parkinsons if.... "

"TSA keeps asking you why you seem so nervous"

"Yes, I used to assist the bomb demolation squad.... why do you ask?"

You want a T-shirt that reads "Remain Calm, and Tremor On"

"No, I just got back from driving the autobahn in Germany and have  been like this since"

"The phlebotimist at the blood bank keeps reassuring you there is nothing to worry about."

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without also helping himself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

#86 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

Tom, NO you may not have my Halda's, they are not going anywhere.........and you can't have my Lucas Flamethrowers either...neener

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

#87 TexasTom

TexasTom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

Tom, NO you may not have my Halda's, they are not going anywhere.........and you can't have my Lucas Flamethrowers either...neener

That is really scary....  

Old Joke:  Why do the British drink warm beer..... They Own Lucas Refridgerators. 

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

#88 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

AHHHH...... Lucas electrics...... AKA the Prince of Darkness........Which is the reason the British drive with this mantra...... Get To Work Early, and Home Before Dark., because their cars are wired by Lucas......

Lucas didn't believe in fuses, because of the "short circuits" were designed into the system........... Yes, I've heard them all.........

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

#89 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

Ahhh,,,Texas Tom and Grafmaster...fun to listen in....keeps the party goin'....:)
Dx'd 6/13 @ 66. Symptoms 10 years prior.
carbidopa/l dopa 50/200 5x daily
Normal DaT scan, normal MRI. Dx'd w/l dopa challenge by MDS
Symptoms: break thru tremors rt side, rt leg drag when fatigued, balance, cognitive/ speech issues, apathy

#90 TexasTom

TexasTom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

You might have Parkinsons if:

You're awake at 4am, wondering where everyone is?

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users