19 replies to this topic

#1 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

I studied language in a university.  I mean I bore down on it so fast and so hard and for so long that I diversified.  I studied logic, I studied rhetoric, I studied semantics, I studied theory, I studied grammar, I studied literature, I studied Drama, I studied Shakespeare, I read every classic.  But I did a whole lot of that before I went to college because television was not allowed in my home and no one wanted to play monopoly with me or scrabble with me or spades with me or hearts with me or checkers because I always won.  But my Dad loved to play chess with me and that was important because I could never beat him.  If I had known then, what I know now, I would have tried to get him interested in Backgammon and see what happened.  I would have overcome all the humility of getting beaten at chess.  He was also good at split level tic tac toe, the kind with the clear and blue marbles if anyone remembers them.  I was still playing with yo-yo's too and riding bicycles.  I was normal and a nerd, which should have indicated language was the discipline of choice I could not avoid.

Then I decided not to go to law school and my parents were angry.  Then fifteen years went unaccounted for after I wrote and published several poems that were short and weird enough to please tedious people.  I became a self-proclaimed tutor, editor, blogger, and worked for several non-profit organizations.  I worked as a paralegal and did some serious stuff I did not enjoy and did not even charge money for it because the cause justified the dedication, time and effort.  I gave my talents to the benefit of others and stayed reluctantly humble all of the time.  My life was really great.  I did not have to get married or divorced, or take anything seriously I did not want to.  and I did not want to. 

Then I fell in love and she had two strokes in one year and I was diagnosed Parkinson's Disease.  It does not matter if you really think about it.  We are only human and you can only use that excuse for too long.  And it is because I realized that an informed opinion is better than a dog with rabies.  Some of my Tumblr fans might see this paragraph and remember some of this.  But I have written like five books in one year because sinemet does not help my symptoms but it is like rocket fuel to my creativity and inspiration, and constipation.  I am looking for a few worthy writers to join forces with me in a plot to unleash upon the unsuspecting world many tomes of writ that may be considered by people who want to laugh, but don't really know how because their motivation to do so is so challenged by the world.  And if you have a brain you are supposed to use it for serious things, I guess.  I did my share of that and maybe you did too and maybe you are like me and want to join my foundation and send some proceeds to this foundation and other worthy ones while making some cash for yourself.  I want starving artists who barely can eat once a day on the list of authors I will send to the government from my undisclosed location that has to have a physical address and someone living there needs to expect audits here and there enough to take seriously.  No pit in the ground pouring money. This is real. DANA did it. Where did they go to?  Anyway, get to me through my email scottbratcher@hotmail.com  and we will see what is what and who is who in this visionary thing.  Finis.

#2 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

Good luck! :) There is a essay on the correlation of PD and creativity on the home page.
Dx'd 6/13 @ 66. Symptoms 10 years prior.
carbidopa/l dopa 50/200 5x daily
Normal DaT scan, normal MRI. Dx'd w/l dopa challenge by MDS
Symptoms: break thru tremors rt side, rt leg drag when fatigued, balance, cognitive/ speech issues, apathy

#3 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Many people are sure that there are brain chemicals, hormones, known to interact with other hormones and parts of the brain.  The problem is, that they really do not know much other than that and never will.  Really, it all breaks down to a brain that has been assumed unreliable for a society so demented with normality that it barely functions and when it does, it destroys itself through history with a lot of success.  So what happens in the Basal Ganglia or what kind of receptors can do what and what kind of mumbo jumbo, unproven and irrational ideas about how irrationality must be defined and acknowledged is circulating through the grand halls of our academies full of optimistic, idealistic, people who are concurrently cynical, greedy and always wrong about everything they do. 

A lot of semantic mischief needs to be scrolled down and observed, fit into patterns of knowledge that assemble at the same graveyard of the rites of passage a really genuine and sincere scientist must assume.  I am not much of a mystical person when it comes to trusting people in general and that probably makes me a paranormal deintelligenated arguephone primarily and a parnoia avalanched folie aux un.  Jung and Freud dreamed I would surface someday as they were sitting in the church of politeness effigies and puppets of Vatinical barnacle songs.  I hear them now in perfect pitch, their rich sound of aura so spastic to the point of approximation and fun.  But this point is indirectly mentioned in a book about the holy grail and Jung was on a dog of a jimpsonweed binge at the time.  Many oars rowed our collective triumphs past the siren songs of behaviorism into a hollow depth of inquisitive tinnitus called modern science.  Every time in history calls itself modern even if they used an older form of a word for it and word etymologies are about as reliable as neurological science is today.  If you say the word "vulgate" after "Latin" it hypnotizes people into near life experiences and makes their GPA's rise in direct proportion to the number of sex fantasies they cannot achieve in real life.  Anyway.

My real problem with DBS is that it is really just BS and they should have just left the D off it and called the receptors D.  I mentioned that somewhere else so some of my memory is still in there hanging from the bush on the cliff that Wiley Coyote always falls down from and gets up in perfect condition by the next sequence.  That is exactly what happens to ninety seven percent of people whose parkinsonism is secondary, but the rest really get splattered there on the canyon floor and have to be censored out despite all those brave and kindhearted civil libertarians out there who are really doing all they can to help everyone and everything on the planet.  They are almost as godlike as psychology but I think that eventually neurology is going to win this fight only sadly, I will not live to see it.  Well, not on this utopian planet we have here at any rate.  I am always wondering how acytecholine and noreprenephrine are doing when their car is parked at the same hotel while dopamine is at home babysitting.  Adrenaline is always on the toilet, training himself for one more chance to prove he matters as serotonin is just hanging around the synapses as long as we can make him do it and it really seems to be doing one heck of a job, if you ask me.  And I know you really want to do that.

Science looks impressive in journals in all this mish mash of base 10 finite math, well for psychologists more than most, and neurology is in the background waiting for his turn and he is going to be Oliver Twist and ask for another bowl of cold porridge.  I think that nobody that has a brain like say, Thomas Pynchon could do a worse job of messing things up.  That is why I admire Pynchon who always can help you in a pinch.  Science cannot do that.  I am really kind of sad about how odd the human condition becomes when it takes itself seriously enough to have a language to communicate with and another to transmit pleasant sounds or dissonant sounds that imitate each other all day and if a person perceives something different than that he becomes abnormal, atypical, and a feast of insecure defenders of the status quo who walk the goosestep behind them with a lot of polite ways of suffocating you and confining you and all your "irrationality."  Hey, I am beginning to think that a hot dog without mustard is also atypical and a freak of genetics.  There are stories about Roswell, NM that are more compelling than science.  Hell, I read science books and take them seriously and I read books about all types of things and take them seriously but that grain of salt has to be added or my OH will get me dizzy.  Actually it is POTS, which is almost a thousand galaxies away from OH, except that they are almost the same thing but called different things.  Like if you have REM sleep disorder and you never sleep in the daytime but the sleep disorder clinic wants to say you have narcolepsy instead of something different.  Duh.  Yeah, the REM is really off.  That much isn't hard to figure when you kick your cat and girlfriend to the point you have to get a casket to sleep in, which also prepares you for sleep paralysis in case you get that from some medication they give you to cure some other condition they have arranged to put the domino effect into.  Yeah, the domino effect is what made the soviets win the cold war, everyone knows that.  But we won it when we put men on the moon first and Tom Wolfe had another book to write and that made his agent happy. 

Dude, look at it this way, you need to use the imagination God gave you or whatever inspiration put it there as long as it has some type of value more easily proven than science and join forces with the only foundation in the world that is honest and is going to give money to this foundation despite reasons that could be counter argued but won't be, because I am not sure just yet how every legality in the world is worked out in the process of law, very different indeed than the words that cause lines of script to form into linear shapes usually fairly straight and never seem to stop as soon as you want them to.  Come on, man, just give it a shot and see what you can show me.  I know you are out there.  This foundation needs more money than it thinks it needs and people who make fun of things even just the slightest bit, just enough to seem professional about it, can cause everyone on the planet to buy into your humor.  Humor is second only to religion in popularity and if you think about if long enough you can just add the two together and see how much more science comes in third, or seventh.  I was forgetting about Duck Dynasty and the Gluten police. 

#4 TeresaJ

TeresaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Warren,
I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm trying very hard to keep up with your train of thought in your posts, but my simplistic mind just can't fire as quickly as yours. In my life I have met a few people like you who's creativity was stifled by illnesses, and their medications like lithium and such. I think you know what I mean. For those people, daily life was hellish because they could not express themselves the way they wanted. Also, for the people around those folks, those who cared about them it was equally hellish because they wanted to desperately to understand, but couldn't.
I hope you find a balance Warren. I don't want you to stop trying to express yourself in appropriate ways that is helpful to your journey. Because if you stop trying to express yourself you might not find your balance.
Also, please try to be patient with me and people like me, who want to keep up, but are having a hard time. Bless you on your journey!
Age 47
Dx 9-14
Rigidity in shoulders and back. Left foot/toe cramps, but right at times too.
Primary left tremor in thumb index finger (wrist intermittent)
Spasmodic Disphonia with tremor
Jaw and tongue tremor
REM Behavior Disorder
Mirapex ER 0.375 nightly
Zonisamide 300mg nightly
Clonazepam 1mg nightly
Sinemet 25-100 (3× daily)

#5 young_dad

young_dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Warren,

You may want to see if you can get in touch with the authors of this book.

The Peripatetic Pursuit of Parkinson Disease by The Parkinsons Creative Collective

Sounds like what you might be looking for.

Jeff

#6 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thanks, Jeff.  I do not like to be a self-entertainer and yes, fifteen years of lithium suddenly freed from the subordinate state into a creative supervolcano of carb/levo left me bewildered, because even though I had established myself a little bit before that, I really bought into what professionals were saying on the wrong side of the fence.  I found love, I found life and I found happiness and peace of mind.  Before that, I was a walking zombie without any resistance to any type of manipulations.  And worse than that I was more demotivated than a pot smoker in a room full of Pink Floyd albums and a nice couch.  Only, I think they must have been having more fun.  Thank you for your advice and I will explore this with vim and vigor.  My body is a big mess of wreckage, Jeff.  Do not let the speed of my mind fool you.  Pain is my companion despite all the wonders I thought beyond me and that only gave what those in charge had to say more relevance. 

#7 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

It is really awesome to sit around in the morning watching the horizontal binocular double vision as I try to decide which cigarette to put out in which ashtray and then I burn a hole in the footstool, which is a type of desk, an important piece of furniture.  Having studied furniture and all its social implications, I know that my eyes are simply either in a state of myasthenia gravis, migraine aura or medication side effects.  Then again, I do see how clear the connection of anticholinergic toxicity can lead to POTS by way of what is almost certain spreading fungal infection that incubated for at least three years until the causative medication was withdrawn as I began to resume to have clear vision again. Strangely enough, that little problem is the atypical problem and the Parkinson's Disease that seemed so secondary at first is everything my parents would be proud of if they were here to see me bowing my head like in the end of Star Wars when princess Leigha put the necklace medal thingies on R2 and Chewie and Luke, her brother and the maverick dude who was so cavalier and flew the Millenium played by Harrison Ford, Ok, I got a mental block on the name.  It happens..  Kinda like Herbert's Dune in a way, no not really, but not like Byron and his sis either.  Actually, people of my genotype are born with that kind of knowledge and spend our lives trying to forget it by doing dangerous things like fight in wars and marry other extremely creative artists of word architecture unknown since the renaissance began to decline into the days of technology.  I remember the honor's seminar I attended in a class called "The History of Technology."  I was at odds with the professor from day one for exhibiting my stubborn refusal to back away from a firm belief that astrology was a direct result of early cartography.  Then I studied the Chinese alchemists and that the chemical mercury was considered to give a person eternal life and even kings fell for that joke.  It made sense to me because the Chinese persisted in cannibalism for nearly a thousand years longer than the rest of the world, assuming they were indigenous and who on earth can answer that question?  I mean, they had gunpowder for around six or seven hundred years and all they did with it was make fireworks so that Marco Polo could walk in with the sort of captivating presence of say, an earlier incarnation of Lawrence of Arabia and take that back to Europe and start technology really rolling.  Did any of you know that people were using Levodopa for two thousand years in India before a smart dude connected Carba somethingorother to it to make it better and win that Nobel.  Parts of Burma are now India and Parts of Burma are called something else.  If you cut a railroad through it before there were bulldozers big enough as they are today, it was difficult, but maybe not as difficult as taking elephants through the Alps or Perrinese, I think it was the Alps.  That assumption does not offend me and you neither, I hope.  Trying to be polite about things.  Not draw too much attention because all the long term memory is working and no one knows how easy it is to defeat my purposes around here yet not realizing I have no short term memory worth mentioning.  I am writing a story about Frankie the duck and Freddie the Freeloader, the real king and sidekick of the Chicago speakeasies of the twenties.  I do that stuff to while away the time while all the big wheels around the foundations ignore my offers to start a reciprocal arrangement of literary merits achieved and rewarded merely with the supply of advice a group of people with the resources certainly has.  And I offer all the excess from the general fund, but it is not of their legal interest.  OK.  Legal interests shoved pills down my throat and I am angry I did not grow large breasts over that and cannot figure the engines of the world of NPO's out since they seem to have changed since I worked for them.  Three of them, then a paralegal, then an editor and a world that was my oyster because I worked darn hard for that dream.  But I live in a section 8 apartment.  My great grandfather was a supreme court justice of Kentucky, appointed by Governor Willis.  Look it up, big wheels up there in the clouds of self-interest, all business, yes I had that face on one time, too.  Better enjoy it while you can.  My granddaddy was a disappointment, just an attorney, an amateur artist and a decorated captain in General Patton's Army, up from North African, desert fox defeated, then into Europe and the spoils, he sat at the trials in Nuremberg and then later he sat as an observer at the behest of a client interest in a congressional committee studying the un-American activities of certain citizens of influence in a much different country.  We had had dynamite since 1776 and did not know how to use it until Johnson's October surprise, the image of an exploding world a little girl picking a flower followed by a mushroom cloud.  The tea party of today might as well pretend that did not happen or that Samuel Adams led the real one when real issues were real and really at stake.  I will succeed in this gift I leave a world I expect nothing from and it will be no token gesture when I send donations regularly from my NPO general fund into this foundation's hands.  I do not care if they want to help me get some backdoor publicity to prime the pump.  These guys these days have no imaginations.  Anyway.  No hard feelings.  This foundation really does care and has helped me out more than I can ever explain or humble myself enough to even attempt that with satisfying appearances, when the genuine article was right here in his last days on earth giving every bit of himself to others and asking nothing in return.  I will wait for you on the other side.  Hope you make it big wheels.

#8 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Question: what is there a huge surplus of that everyone wants to share? Answer: the blame.

There was a rude man with a beard

Instead of smiling he sneered

He heard a bad pun, so he got out his gun

And said "try not to be so damn weird."

What yon coffer of miralax hath aroused your salvaged grade of acumen?  What faux pas doest thine affix to the axis of the vertices a preternatural square of opposition allow in Adam's rib?

I knowest thou hast many millstones to carry to the ocean's floor where aft the dying sunset darkens the lids of tearless eyes.  I see the life support system is quietly nesting in plush trees, those magnolias

covered in Spanish moss, in the haze of the fertile flatlands a flatline finds astir the grids of a doctor's esteem, the place no pedestal may substitute my arrogance with much aplomb and scissors to run with.

Alas, the assaying lowing mute allures a crow's wing to torment, in silent sequences of sequestered juries very hung.  The orbs of sockets run dry in the mouths of babes to deliver the goods in my criminal record, so

absent of interesting activities.  How time runs slow to memorize a conquest of snorkeling dalliances so pits of comet tails arrange their skids of moon lips to subtle science, among us the crisis of God's laughter just

Another day of pleasant hesitating to act, ambivalent of approvals unsolicited as they become to us, an effluvium I scan the portals from stern to starboard in luckless antics the quays filled with measure efforts nobody cares about.

#9 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

The summit of Mount Everest is Marine limestone.  I have never googled a fact or referenced a prior conviction assumed real or even noteworthy.

You are the exit master of poxes I assemble with hands so absconded with acid burns.  Yes, that and a quill of a feather to mark the rote delights.

The prevalence of word blisters presents as early onset harmless boredom and ends with finality of excusing the adoration of classical music.

Counterpoint is interesting if polyphony is hard to endure.  They both erode the scolding widows under the hypnotic effects of normal daily living.

I have more respect for a throw rug that has been the target of urine samples and accessorized teenagers in the Wakes of Poseidon, like there

was a most erected phallic, yet ochre spin I roughed it gone like donut blind studies.  I need some relaxers for the cuticles else the buxom bruxism

Each onset traffics into like mergers in account schemes.  The refuse I commit in lopped edges a daylight savings time plays nice with.  Not.

#10 TeresaJ

TeresaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Warrenscott, I really liked this line. I felt like I was there for a sec., it was calming. Thank you.

"I see the life support system is quietly nesting in plush trees, those magnolias

covered in Spanish moss, "
Age 47
Dx 9-14
Jaw and tongue tremor
REM Behavior Disorder
Mirapex ER 0.375 nightly
Zonisamide 300mg nightly
Clonazepam 1mg nightly

#11 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:37 AM

When archaeologists excavate my poetry, it will be confused for the dirt it is buried in.

#12 TeresaJ

TeresaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

I still like it; you can't take that from me WarrenScott. :-)
Age 47
Dx 9-14
Jaw and tongue tremor
REM Behavior Disorder
Mirapex ER 0.375 nightly
Zonisamide 300mg nightly
Clonazepam 1mg nightly

#13 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Thank you very much.  I did not even know I was fishing for a compliment.  Good thing the line was tested for big ones.

#14 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

A language expert and a logician walked into a bar with each other.  Suddenly they realized how unfamiliar they were with each other and how little they had in common.  In fact, they hated the sight of one another in equal measures.  It was very certain that if the board of trustees and the board of regents had not intervened, they may have both killed each other.  Funeral homes in any town or city are not ready for that.  Obituary pages would outrage the families who would take it out on the whole world because the offspring of language and meaning are always in conflict like the Hatfields and McCoys.  It is ok to use a cliché once in a while when alluding to illustrate a point.  They both agree on that one.  But the logician sat around in the lounge in the philosophy department where he never felt very comfortable and wanted to confess to anyone and everyone just how much he was suffering. No one ever gave him any respect so that he could only identify with the comedian Rodney Dangerfield.  He kept his silence because he knew they would send him to the psychology department that has full sway and even in television shows.  All the disciplines ignored him until he became a forgotten memory in their lives.  But once in a while the school's administration would need to

bring him out of hibernation to protect the status quo from troublesome ombudsmen and private attorneys who represent the victims schools are well known to produce in very impressive numbers.  In fact the statistics division which is altogether overworked and overrated had to put a halt to all the troubles with self-report studies, known to have half the value of the leading brand of studies.  And a modicum of effort never revealing itself enough.  The language expert was a cavalier type of individualist who wanted to change constantly like the demigod Proteus in Greek Mythology.  That is an allusion maybe not so cliché and both of them know it.  When language and logic both know the same thing at the same time, there is a law of absolute certainty test that has been passed as authoritative despite how many years of changing culture follow behind it. 

That is a story without a conclusion, so it may be called anticlimactic which is pretty much what life is all about and they know that just as well as anybody.  Even you. 

#15 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

It is not nice to be rude to your own audience.  Sorry.  I attended a Red Hot Chili Peppers in Nashville, TN in 1991, the Mother's Milk tour at the National Guard Armory.  Flea gives the audience the finger at the end.  But at least they were not banned from Vanderbilt University campus like they had been in a previous year for a reason I will spare you the details.  I worked at this place that only let me work there because I knew how to do everything in the store and I could memorize the fifty thousand items we sold and pick out something out of place with a quick glance.  Other than that I was unreliable in other ways that made my HR file full of pink slips, but they knew if they fired me, their world was going to suddenly become much more difficult.

That is what respect can be.  But the topic is funny ideas and the funniest one is that there are people on this site whose delusions of having equal footing, considering them above even MENSA quality mental prowess, prove very silent in the mystical realm I want them to approach so their tarnish will extrapolate into exponentials of self-esteem problems the deportment of occlusions must abscond them into group therapy sessions for overachievers and willful accomplices to artificial intelligence of the self-induced variety.  Charlatans can find cathedrals of crawlspace to run over catwalks and dance a jig or two in hopeless commitments of their pagan heritage, causations aside.  I hope their plopping turds can connect them to a reality of what remains to their credit.  I can believe I just wrote that because my fingers are on a keyboard instead of grave digging hoping of becoming a pawn broker someday, perhaps a used car salesman, just to assuage their dictatorial rights to administer stupid crappy words that assume untrue, and unproven things to make them the smarty pants with dirty nickers, hiding behind the dirty skirts of women.  I would rather see auras all day long and feel vertiginous instead of putting up with their vainglorious perfunctory victories, all pyric in nature and flush with luminous volume of shanties a career social worker time-travels back to the great depression to "help out."  Go to Haiti.  Johnny Cash did.  Do you want to google that one?  How are your slide rules doing you, now?  Need I provide an abacus for you?  I have a confusing theology full of escape clauses that are careening over your halo held up by your horns.  Phooey.

#16 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

Cribs you want pole-vaulting into cramming for final exams, you need the thought police who control all of us to overlook and simultaneously become deaf to your many voices chiding you from within your mind if you are certain enough to relate that to people who have whole world views to accuse you of not paying enough attention to.  We all love the warm feelings that clasp their loving arms around the maid who made overtures indiscrete enough to relish the embarrassing admission that foreplay is end-stopped poetry and as graceful as a shark in a tank full of missing artifacts from museums.  Our miracle to notice how abused a calendar goes months so hopelessly rebelled against by hands too weak to turn them.  Those voices all have multi-personality disorders, which means that .oooooooo21 of them are the seventh sons of seventh sons and .000079 are double first cousins, and sixty nine percent are kissing cousins.  It is not possible to find an expert opinion about the host of these many confusing intimations of what were once called psychotic deviants, but now we must understand them and realize that they are both a product of society and simultaneously a product of genetic double helixes that were not so double in some ways. Double jointed, to be sure.  Double dated, rarely, and Double visioned rarely unless the wild card in their hand is not aware the game calls for playing it correctly and rabbits have to stay in top hats magicians use for too long to worry about.  But the multiple personalities are forty five percent demon possessed and need regular exercise to pretend a healthy lifestyle and standards of etiquette are being observed as all demon possessed multi-personality disorder voices in heads do.  In fact double helixes are so tricky that often they are only pretending to be double instead of triple and were the forerunner and prototype of the triple A automobile club back when banks gave out books of blank checks.  History records ironies to be ironed out later.  Iron itself easily oxidizes, not so bad as copper, but in a more rustful kind of way.  It is the dratted multi personalities that ruin it for all the rest, the way they shift from one to another worse than a bipolar person gets when his mental status is being evaluated and then vanishes right after the appointment entering the nearest tavern.  There are just so many of them that the hosting body is getting condominiums of imported grapefruit that must pass through customs better than a pound of cheese through a swelled intestine gripping the pathogen filled orifice content.  Anyway. It was such a nice sunny day to become berated in ways that still are only contingency plans if divinity school does not work out. 

#17 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

If you want to get married to someone who is already dead, do not allow society to judge you.  There is not one verse in the bible concerning the subject.  In fact, there is not one verse in the bible that makes marriage a legal contract that Is binding and includes not only social arrangements subject to approval but also cast the first stone at a young child named Achilles but only hit his heel which is why he died and the girl he carried books from locker to classroom decided it was about time people woke up and realized that dead people are people too and need and deserve respect.  They are only not allowed to marry if they are both disabled, in which they cannot afford to do it, or they are seniors drawing their former spouses pensions and do not want to lose possession of money that is just as important as why the equator is located where it is instead of somewhere else.  Anyone with an innie belly button may have guessed that sooner than the average midget who entrusts his baseball card collection to his compulsive gambler brother who is also a pathological liar.  But he is very attractive to women who need no further adieu's to masquerade as victims of muscle atrophy from not churning the buttermilk enough.

#18 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

I did not break the inigma code as the geniuses of this site probably lay awake at night wondering sleeplessly, with cold sweats and migraines because they play the drums too loud and think that matters.  A big owl waits until nightfall before leaving the nest.  I wish Lee Iaccoca had a better reason to wear glasses than bad eyesight.  If so, call early enough in the morning to schedule your codpiece fitting seminar.  Shetland wool is wonderful, but not near the equator.

#19 Linda Garren

Linda Garren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Warren,

You may want to see if you can get in touch with the authors of this book.

The Peripatetic Pursuit of Parkinson Disease by The Parkinsons Creative Collective

Sounds like what you might be looking for.

Jeff

Yes.  And just a heads up that you can buy that book on Amazon for the best price. 

Age 67.  Retired from Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions after 36 years in a number of administration coordinator positions within the institutions.

Diagnosed with PD 3 months ago.  Take 11/2 25/100 Sinemet 3 times day.  To add Mirapex 3 times day.  50mg Turmeric & Bromelain daily.  Will start PT, speech therapy, regular exercising soon.

Take 0.5 clonazepam and 0.5 mg melatonin nightly to help with sleep.  If awake early, Idrink cup of heated milk and read until go back to sleep.

For polycythemia vera I take 500 mg hydroxyurea daily, plus 81mg aspirin, and I get phlebotomies every 4-6 weeks. 

For clinical depression take 90 mg duloxetine HCl DR and 300 mg buprioprion Hcl XI daily.

Prilosec 20.5 mg daily for esophageal spasm, hiatal hernia, acid reflux

100 mg. doxycycline and clindamycin topical gel for borrelial dermatitis

Drink kefir daily.  Eat mostly organic,   Drink filtered water throughout day.  Going toward Mediterranean diet.  Take 5000 Vitamin D3 daily

Aim for 9 hours sleep per night to help with all above medical diagnoses and for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Annual MRI for meniongiomas

#20 warrenscott.

warrenscott.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

Now you can buy my two books on Amazon.com for a better price for theirs and probably get more out of them.  "The World That Wasn't There: Surreal and Experimental Poetry (2011-2014)"  and  "Time is Reversible: Humor Poems and Prose (2013-2014); assisted by Denise Russell."  Now I need an assistant to live my life.  I gave credit to this foundation and I plan to donate part of the proceeds despite the fact they have not been helpful to me in my selfish ways of asking assistance for me to create an NPO for writers who have PD.  I also dedicated the first book listed to people with neurological illnesses.  It is an affordable book and the first can be downloaded free off smashwords.com Download the PDF version if you do as it is much more readable, but apple devices and others serve well.  It looks very nice on my Nook.

I do not need the money for these books, and will eventually down the prices of the print copy.  Only the humor book is Kindle property exclusively.  If I start making money, I have to turn of the profit button because capitalism does not work if you receive SSDI benefits unless you make enough money to pay for your own health insurance and if you think a humor writer can do that, I give a lot of credit to your imagination.

This will be my last time in the open forum.  I have studied psychology and biology and a great many subjects that cover issues I am learning about still now, but once in a serious formal setting when my mind was unfettered with the baggage of opinions thrust upon us in this chaotic realm of social media.  This is not helping me and is a poor substitute for most people who want to make an alliance with accepted measures the establishment is handing you.  Your freedom is more important than your health.  Your soul still has value after you die.  If you do not believe that, read "Proof of Heaven" and if you are too brainy for that read Moody's "Life after Life."  Keep praying for answers and finding solutions.  Do not give up on why there are reasons we need to search and learn, but realize the limits before you discourage people from having hope.  I have seen too much of that, even on this site.  Maturity is not the endpoint of empowerment.  Maturity is a status of knowing that wisdom is much harder to find than any relevant knowledge that provides appearances that we are making progress in a world that is full of unlimited potential for people as long as they are willing and able to make themselves inspiring and achieve goals with optimism.  Wisdom is a derelict wearing rags and has no motive to improve anything.  Wisdom is the last thing that exalts mankind to earn his way in a crooked world of defeated people accepting what limits them, not from a deity, but from a social order that mercy has never seen, nor touched the hem of their garment.

Edited by warrenscott., 13 September 2014 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users