E-Newsletter Signup Like us on Facebook Sign Up For Our e-Newsletter
Photo

How to stop obsessing about new symptoms.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 pwri

pwri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Thanks everyone. It's nice to be able to bounce thoughts off of people who understand. My mom was complaining the other day that the neighbors who know that she has PD are now treating her like a fragile doll. She was weeding the garden a few days ago and one of the neighbors asked if she needed help. I can see how that is going to get annoying for her very quickly. My older brother also wants to drive her everywhere when she is still perfectly capable of driving. I told her to just keep doing what's she's been doing and ignore everyone else. I think one danger of PD is shutting down and giving up. I would think that even a healthy person who shuts down would deteriorate much faster than normal. That's my babbling for the day :) Have a great day everyone.

#22 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

pwri;

You are absolutely correct, your mom needs to keep doing what she's doing, as long as she can, because that is exactly what she needs. Just make sure she gets plenty of exercise as well.......

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Sinemet 6X/day (700mg L-Dopa) 

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

<Remember, Reality is still optional>

<Love shared, Is Love increased........ Pain shared, is Pain decreased.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users