#61 Rogerstar1

Rogerstar1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

Karen -  Of course you have sympathy and plenty of it for those who elect to terminate their own lives.  I've read too many of your love inspired posts to think anything to the contrary...and so I don't.  Best to you this morning.  

Edited by Rogerstar1, 18 August 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#62 PatriotM

PatriotM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Graflexmaster,

I didn't accuse you of anything.  In fact, I didn't even mention you (or anyone else for that matter).  However, I seem to have struck a nerve.  If you need help discerning the difference between right and wrong, just ask and I'll be happy to help.  I do know the difference between right and wrong.  For example:

It is WRONG to take heroin and cocaine, not because they are illegal, but because these drugs almost always cause serious damage to those taking them.

It is WRONG (and selfish) to commit suicide and often greatly hurts those left behind.

Right is right.  Wrong is wrong.  It's just that simple.

#63 young_dad

young_dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Well, now Dr. Rob Schneider (NOT!) is saying that his PD drugs made him commit suicide.  Way to go a**hole.  Get a whole bunch of people scared to take their meds, despite the fact that the suicide rate of people with Parkinson's disease is similar or lower than the general population.

Also, if you want a political discussion, can I request you create a separate thread. I do not want to go over the Michael Brown stuff here, as we've seen in other threads, that many of us have very differing opinions when it comes to politics and I just don't want to get into that here.

#64 TeresaAtypical

TeresaAtypical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Graflexmaster,
 I didn't accuse you of anything.  In fact, I didn't even mention you (or anyone else for that matter).  However, I seem to have struck a nerve.  If you need help discerning the difference between right and wrong, just ask and I'll be happy to help.  I do know the difference between right and wrong.  For example:
 It is WRONG to take heroin and cocaine, not because they are illegal, but because these drugs almost always cause serious damage to those taking them.
 It is WRONG (and selfish) to commit suicide and often greatly hurts those left behind.
 Right is right.  Wrong is wrong.  It's just that simple.

PatrriotM,
There's no discussion when you pull out straw man. When that happens, it all becomes ridiculous. If you are going to do that, why not change your name to Moral Police or Mr God Man, you know, just to save us all some time for the next time we need to know how to think or conduct ourselves.

#65 musicman

musicman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSarasota, Florida

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Also, if you want a political discussion, can I request you create a separate thread.

Preferably in a different forum

Edited by musicman, 18 August 2014 - 11:07 AM.

Age 58. Diagnosed 7/14 by MDS and a DatScan. Currently display a right hand/arm tremor, as well as some stiffness. Apathy and sleep issues are a problem. Began Azilect 8/6/2014, and started Sinemet 10/25/14.

https://www.youtube.com/acoustisongs

#66 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

Breathe, guys, breathe......
Dx'd 6/13 @ 66. Symptoms 10 years prior.
carbidopa/l dopa 50/200 5x daily
Normal DaT scan '13, normal MRI, '13 Dx'd w/l dopa challenge in office by MDS
Second DaT scan, 10/14, normal.
Symptoms: tremors rt & lft side, rt leg drag whn tired, balance, cognitive/ speech issues, apathy
Live, laugh, and be happy.

#67 Luthersfaith

Luthersfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Sad...http://www.thefix.co...e-addiction2049

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world." - Jesus (John 16:33)

#68 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Wow- nice to see that a bunch of people with a neurodegenerative brain disease still have some fight in them! 

#69 AB-Normal

AB-Normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

Annikin;

Just wait a minute.......... Who are you calling a Neurodegenerate????? I resemble that........ lmao

Hummmm, Lets see, degenerative joints........ neurodegenerative brain........... I GOT it !!

I'm a Degenerate.......in multiple disciplines........... Where do I get my "belt", and what colour aught it be?

just wondering........

Michael

Current age= 54

First symptoms: 1975

Prior mis-diagnosis: Dyspraxia, Essential Tremors, Ataxia, "Nerves".....

Final Dx. of Parkinson's: 10/ 2013

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

#70 Annikin

Annikin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

Glad to see I am not the only one still up Michael.

#71 AB-Normal

AB-Normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

am up, but fading in and out........need munchies.......

Michael

Current age= 54

First symptoms: 1975

Prior mis-diagnosis: Dyspraxia, Essential Tremors, Ataxia, "Nerves".....

Final Dx. of Parkinson's: 10/ 2013

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users