#21 musicman

musicman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

I'm starting to feel a little optimistic about our future.

That's a very good thing! There's a lot more reason to be optimistic today than ever before.

Diagnosed 7/14 by a DatScan. Currently only display a right hand/arm tremor. Beginning Azilect 8/6/2014

#22 graflexmaster

graflexmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationTacoma Wa.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm neither a glass half full, nor half empty type of person. I'm an optimist, I believe the glass is FULL, it contains half water, and half air.....equals 100% FULL.

Michael

Current age= 54

Symptom Onset- 1991 (31)

Current meds

Sinemet 6X/day (700mg L-Dopa) 

Azilect 1mg 1X/day

To quote Cowboy, (a former regular forum member)..........Parkinson's brings us all together. With our many differences and emotions. We have something in common here. It is progressive, dangerous and has adversely affected our lives. We come together here looking for knowledge and comfort from one another.

-- Thank you Cowboy-- wherever you may be......................

<Remember, Reality is still optional>

<Love shared, Is Love increased........ Pain shared, is Pain decreased.>

#23 New normal

New normal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Smokin

I appreciate your post...and your courage....it is one thing to talk the talk, but, you, my friend, are walking the walk.

It is funny how much can be said in a post...and your first post told me you had a lot of life experience..

Please continue to post...we need you.
Dx'd 6/13 @ 66. Symptoms 10 years prior.
carbidopa/l dopa 50/200 5x daily
Normal DaT scan, normal MRI. Dx'd w/l dopa challenge by MDS
Symptoms: break thru tremors rt side, rt leg drag when fatigued, balance, cognitive/ speech issues, apathy

#24 Pdude

Pdude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Welcome Smokin!  

Depression is hard to deal with (for me both personally and professionally) - as a therapist, I have seen the power of depression, addiction and what other such disorders have done to good people.  These afflictions do not seem to discriminate based on fame, income, social status, parenting style, etc.  As for Robin Williams, the issue is complicated - many media reports have said (almost with confident certainty) that he had depression way before Parkinson's, but I am not so sure that this is true, as medical professionals have learned that Parkinson's Disease brain chemistry changes happen years before the onset of symptoms.  Either way he was depressed and depression can and does distort one's perception - depression lies to you and tells you that there is nothing to look forward to and other things. 

I am a very positive person, but sometimes I sink deeply as I come to terms with disease, my future, my limitations and also as I ride the waves of ups and downs that PD creates in my brain.  Hang in there and we will both hopefully run into each other while hanging around in the "club"!

Pdude_w.png

www.pdude.com

On Twitter: @ParkedDude

#25 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

TSD - Would you mind stating some of the symptoms that lead your Dr to a diagnosis of neuropathy? That is what my Dr. (thinks) I may have, but nowhere do I see a one sided resting tremor in any descriptions of neuropathy. My tremor is internal though, I also have abnormal electrical sensations all over my body, which I have read can occur with PD. This has all been going on for 5 years.

btw - I very much understand (clinical) depression, have been very deep in the well, very hard to get out of and once one does, have to be careful of those
"slippery" shoes, they make it easy to fall again.

Edited by invisable, 17 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#26 PatriotM

PatriotM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Invisible, my tremor started the same way as yours - as an "internal" tremor that felt like an electrical sensation and then finally became a visible tremor.  It may very well be that it will just take some time for yours to come to the surface.

#27 Daven

Daven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Invisable,

I have neuropathy in my legs due to nerve damage in my lower back.  Neuropathy can be diagnosed via a EMG (Electromyogram) / NCS (Nerve Conduction Study). I get electrical shocks all the time in both legs and my skin feels like the worst sunburn times 100.  My feet burn and sting all the time, making it difficult to where socks.  Your one sided tremor could be that the neuropathy is worse on that side.  Have you had these tests?

Dave

#28 invisable

invisable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Patriot - How long did your "internal" tremor take to become visable? Did you have other symptoms during the "internal" tremor time period?

Dave - Yes, I have had the tests for neuropathy and they all came back normal.

Thanks, I appreciate both of your input.

Edited by invisable, 18 August 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#29 PatriotM

PatriotM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

Invisible,

I had the "internal" tremor for well over a year before it became visible.  During that time, I also had other symptoms of PD that included loss of sense of smell and rigidity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users