#1 Waywrd1

Waywrd1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Who are the actual manufacturers these days? I know of Activas Elizabeth and Mylan. Who else?

Im going to trial other manufacturers in an effort to isolate possible allergens.

#2 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Board Certified Pharmacist, Medical Board Member, & Consult

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

If you could hive me a strength it would help me narrow down my results. Also, is it regular release or Controlled Released-CR (also known as Extended Release-ER).
Thank you
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
Board Certified Pharmacist,
Medical Board Member, & Consultant.
National Parkinson Foundation
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

#3 Waywrd1

Waywrd1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

I'm very sorry about your MiL.

25/100 regular release.

Do they make a anything less than 100? I've has really bad time since picking up my last Mylan 25/100 refill in mid-november- every side effect on the warning sheet, and some days were pretty intense. Thought about the ER a couple times.

In the spring I had the same reactions to Activas Elizabeth- but were much higher intensity almost immediately, and were like an opioid.

The Mylan wasn't perfect, and was slowly getting worse. Incidentally, I also had a positive ANA at 1.40.

So Im not sure if this last lot was bad, or what. Right now I've switched to 10/100 Mylan to see if it's the dye, the dose, the meds, the carbidopa or a binder. After 3 doses, I feel 85% better. So, I'm not sure. I'm also going to have an drug allergy/sensitivity and rheumatology complete work ups.

At whst point is the severity of the side effect actually a sensitivity/allergy? Any thoughts are hugely appreciated.

#4 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Board Certified Pharmacist, Medical Board Member, & Consult

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

Let's start with the easy question first. The lowest amount of levodopa is 100, they do not make any that is less.
The 3 companies that are slowly trickling out of the 25/100 are from activist, mylan, and teva. Yet in speaking with them I was told that they are trying to produce more to meet the demand and they are having trouble keeping up with demand.
When looking at the inactive ingredients of those three brands, they are all the same. So I think it would be best to have some allergic tests run to see if it could be a color allergy (like to red #6, yellow # 7 etc).
I look on a site called drugs.com and it shows a whole bunch of companies making it, but in reality there are only those few we spoke of.
I hope this helps and please keep me posted.
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
Board Certified Pharmacist,
Medical Board Member, & Consultant.
National Parkinson Foundation
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users