1 reply to this topic

#1 johndoe123456

johndoe123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

Hey y'all,

So, I've been having a few issues lately, I'm a 21 year old male. 

Since late October 2016, my left hand has had a fasciculation in it that used happen consistently, but now only happens about 5 times a day.

Around Christmas 2016, I noticed my right finger would shake if I moved it to the side, both while moving it and a little after resting it. About 2 weeks after, the same happened to my left hand. 

Now, as of last night around 7PM up to now, my teeth have been chattering lightly consistently, with the most break being maybe 5 seconds, then it would just continue.

I'm worried that these may be early signs of parkinsons, I've spoken to my PCP about the fasciculation and he told me not to worry, but haven't been back to tell him about the other symptoms. I'll be visiting the doctor on my college campus, on Monday, but I'd like a little peace of mind beforehand if possible. So could any of these be early signs of parkinson's or could there be an alternative cause?

Thank you!

#2 Dr. Okun

Dr. Okun

Advanced Member

• Ask the Doctor Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,525 posts
  • LocationUniversity of Florida

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

It is unlikely Parkinson by your description however if the symptoms persist best to see a neurologist with some expertise in Parkinson.

Michael S. Okun, M.D.

Author of Amazon Kindle, Paperback and Audio of 10 Breakthrough Therapies for Parkinson's Disease
Author of the Amazon Bestseller Parkinson's Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life
National Medical Director | NPF
UF Center for Movement Disorders & Neurorestoration
Read More about Dr. Okun at: http://movementdisor...hael-s-okun-md/
or Visit Parkinson's Disease treatment and research blogs at:
NPF's What's Hot in Parkinson's disease
or his parkinsonsecrets.com blog for treatment tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users