41 replies to this topic

#41 Bernard Shakey

Bernard Shakey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

Linda, I live in New York and to do the test I had to sign a waiver that I would not give my sample or mail it back from the state of NY. It has something to do with New York classifying 23 and me as a medical lab, but since they didn't meet state regulations/standards it was illegal for them to collect samples in NY. I assume Maryland has similar, but more restrictive regulations. I had to go across the river to New Jersey to spit in the tube and mail my sample.

• TexasTom likes this

Diagnosed: Dec. 2014 (Age 52)

First symptoms: In retrospect, probably late 90s: stiff shoulder

Meds: Currently none, but I have started a 4-5 times a week exercise program

#42 gravdav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

Thank you, Laura.

Now back to why I started this post... Is it possible that a Micrographia Srceening test for children be used? They could print their name on a sheet of paper, letting a trained eye either dismiss or confirm a potential diagnosis of Parkinsons, all the while without noticeable physical movement dead giveaways. This why I say that there is no such thing as YOPD. Only "Parkinsons and people with the onset of Advanced Aquired Parkinsons [AAP]."  If we could tell of a possible furture life that will have to deal with all the symptoms of Parkinsons, why not let them prepare for this job's undertaking. [And I am NOT meaning to sound macabre.] They could start with the good diet of anti-ox foods and vitaman E supplements. The sceintific would an can now view Parkinsons from a different angle! Not from standpoints of the already afflicted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users