#21 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Some spouses react more out of fear when partners come down with any serious illness.Before I had my Recovery traing I was more concerned about my emotional symptoms to properly address others needs.I would say that anyone who would want a divorce because of a illness has no sense of balence. To those people everything is a big deal and little intellect is used.Their untrained nervous system sends out flight or fight feelings.The best solution is to keep ones sense of humor and hope for a calmer appraisal.Humor is our best friend ,temper is our worst enemy.

#22 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

You are so right about the sense of humor and giving things a little time for a calmer appraisal. I appreciate your words.

#23 Golden01

Golden01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Non motor symptoms seem common as described in this article:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130114161321.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily%2Fmind_brain%2Fparkinsons+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Mind+%26+Brain+News+--+Parkinson%27s%29

#24 johnnys

johnnys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnys

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Im a duck hunter and have always enjoying hunting with my sons.My sons have been busy so i went with another hunter.We got out and of course things didn't go smoothly.The boat had taken on water and froze and was so heavy we couldnt get it on the trailer.the trailer lights didnt work so I had to fix them again.Gave up till I thawed the boat and next day we went on our way.We enjoyed two days although the birds were scarse.Throughout the days there were many frustrations but kept it together.Nothing stupier than getting worked up over a trviality.
For years before this I suffered from nervous symptoms and while I went hunting there was always the cloud hanging over me.While the thought of having this illness is depressing.I have found much to enjoy now much more than in the past.Now I have mental comfort for the most part.I look forward to next years flights of ducks and geese.

#25 Gardener

Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Wonderful insight! I don't duck hunt but, as my name suggests, I garden. Since my diagnosis, my appreciation of this hobby has increased tremendously. Not only does it give me inner strength, it also gives me physical strength. My sense of everything around me, smells, sights, feelings, are all heightened. I love and appreciate life now more than ever.

Gardener, female, 58, diagnosed at 55, 650 mg of Sinemet daily.

#26 bajansunbabe

bajansunbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBarbados / Duncan, BC Canada

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yes, what great insight! I either take to the garden or snorkel when I feel depressed. In my garden I presently have several papaya trees that I planted from seed less than a year ago bearing fruit! Looking at them makes me smile! While snorkeling I have a hard time keeping my snorkel in place as I smile when I see the fish, turtles and beautiful coral! It took me a while to find what I needed to do to quell the depression monster. For the time being at least, I have it figured out!

Deanna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users