#1 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

Good Morning World. Happy Canada Day to us Canadians, Matt, Canada Shakes, K-Man from Ottawa, Lady from Kitchener, Bev, Trevor,Alberta Girls, anyone else. Enjoy the Holiday.

Our Michael J. Fox has been awarded the Order of Canada medallion for his acting career and more importantly for us; his work on behalf of Parkinsons. If you Americans run into him down there tell him to come home and get his medal.

Emma, have a better day today.

Everyone have a safe and happy day. Remember that smiling releases good chemicals into your bloodstream. I know it is corny, but I like watching Americas Funniest Videos. j
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#2 bbira

bbira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

Good Morning World. Happy Canada Day to us Canadians, Matt, Canada Shakes, K-Man from Ottawa, Lady from Kitchener, Bev, Trevor,Alberta Girls, anyone else. Enjoy the Holiday.

Our Michael J. Fox has been awarded the Order of Canada medallion for his acting career and more importantly for us; his work on behalf of Parkinsons. If you Americans run into him down there tell him to come home and get his medal.

Emma, have a better day today.

Everyone have a safe and happy day. Remember that smiling releases good chemicals into your bloodstream. I know it is corny, but I like watching Americas Funniest Videos. j

Hello John...Happy Canada Day to you and to all of our Canadian friends here and everywhere! I hope you are able to take the day off to relax and to celebrate.
Happy Independence Day...a few days early...to all of my fellow Americans here and everywhere. Be safe and stay cool on Sunday! To those in other countries...especially our wonderful friends in Ireland...thanks for sharing yourselves with us in the lovely way that only the Irish can share.
Take care...Bill

#3 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Happy Canada Day to everyone! I think we all should celebrate everyone's holidays cause you can't have too much of a good thing. Don't you look forward to holiday's? Well...mostly? Plus it's cake time! Actually I'm getting it confused with birthdays. I don't know what Canada Day is? I fess up. :???:
<3.<3.<3.

#4 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

Good morning World, What is everybody up to today? WE visited a nephews cottage yesterday. It was fun. My daughter and my son and spouses met us there. Katy has three boys 10,3, 1 and my nephew has a 2 yr girl and 4 yr boy. Not very relaxing though keeping tabs on kids with the road, rocky hill, wet lake etc. Today, I am working in the garden. Parky Pod for a name made me laugh Marcia. Warn Joe that I am coming to Texas on a moonlit nite to paint that name on your camper. I am about to log off and go hoe my vegetable garden. Anyone want some lettuce or onions, kale? It is wonderful exercise/therapy for me. I can feel the candles Em, feel the thoughts Bill and Jack. How is the knee eileen? Thankyou everybody for being here, Have good days, Be safe, smart, strong, savvy, not stressed. J

Edited by jb49, 02 July 2010 - 08:18 AM.

#5 bbira

bbira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Good morning World, What is everybody up to today? WE visited a nephews cottage yesterday. It was fun. My daughter and my son and spouses met us there. Katy has three boys 10,3, 1 and my nephew has a 2 yr girl and 4 yr boy. Not very relaxing though keeping tabs on kids with the road, rocky hill, wet lake etc. Today, I am working in the garden. Parky Pod for a name made me laugh Marcia. Warn Joe that I am coming to Texas on a moonlit nite to paint that name on your camper. I am about to log off and go hoe my vegetable garden. Anyone want some lettuce or onions, kale? It is wonderful exercise/therapy for me. I can feel the candles Em, feel the thoughts Bill and Jack. How is the knee eileen? Thankyou everybody for being here, Have good days, Be safe, smart, strong, savvy, not stressed. J

Hello John...Good Morning to you, as well. Sounds like you had your hands full yesterday! You know, there are few sounds as sweet as the laughter of a child...don't you think? I could listen to it all day. Yes, Marcia, the Parky Pod is hilarious! I'm working all day today. Lot's to do before the long holiday weekend. It's a beautiful day out this morning...sitting in my office with one cat sitting on the desk...as he always does...and the other sitting on the window sill trying to figure out how to get to the magpie sitting on the porch rail and what would he do with him if he caught him...especially since the magpie is bigger than he is! It's going to be another warm day...which means 80 for us. We are almost desperate for rain, though.
Happy "farming", my friend. Glad you've found your "respite"!
Take care...Bill

#6 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hello John...Good Morning to you, as well. Sounds like you had your hands full yesterday! You know, there are few sounds as sweet as the laughter of a child...don't you think? I could listen to it all day. Yes, Marcia, the Parky Pod is hilarious! I'm working all day today. Lot's to do before the long holiday weekend. It's a beautiful day out this morning...sitting in my office with one cat sitting on the desk...as he always does...and the other sitting on the window sill trying to figure out how to get to the magpie sitting on the porch rail and what would he do with him if he caught him...especially since the magpie is bigger than he is! It's going to be another warm day...which means 80 for us. We are almost desperate for rain, though.
Happy "farming", my friend. Glad you've found your "respite"!
Take care...Bill

Well, we are getting plenty of rain from that hurricane. Too bad I couldn't send you some. I thought Parky Pod was great too but majority rules-he's bigger than I am. So I'll just call it that to you guys. You understand better anyway.
<3.<3.<3.

#7 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

Good Morning Parkytown, everyone ready for the weekend? Is this a long weekend for Independence Day for you 'Mericans? Everybody have a safe one! My neice is getting married in August and my Daughter is the "Matron of Honour" Tonite she is having a bachlorette party for her at her house so Nana and Pa, that's me, gets the son in law and three boys for the day and overnite. Should be fun! How is Ireland this morning Em? Is your Daughter's wedding getting close Noah? Bill, I hope you get some rain. Eric, you out there? Anyways, it looks beautiful out here today and I am ready to roll. Ooooh, yes the soccer, on tv. Earlier I ran that sport down like a snake on pavement. After watching it more closely, those guys are good!! Some of the moves they make, the quickness of their feet, the cast iron skulls that head the ball, and the endurance. They would make good hockey players except they are too wimpy if someone touched them. Go Canada, what? we don't have a team at the soccer matches? I hope everyone has a nice cup of tea this morning, feels the warmth of the sun on their face and a fresh breeze on the nose, has a nice walk, remembers their pills and forgets they have PD. Chins up, John

#8 Jack65

Jack65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

Happy 4th weekend - Here's to cold beer and fireworks! Its good to be home!
Peace & health to all my parky friends!
jack

#9 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

It's a long weekend depending on where you work. One son doesn't get Monday off cause he gets paid what he works and no more. One son gets it off cause he gets paid holidays. Hubby works for himself so when the work comes in, he works. And then there is me. holiday every day. Well, I still do all the household chores and I don't get paid so I guess it's not holidays but non-paid work days every day for me. You know the old saying:

Man's work is from sun to sun but woman's work is never done. (what does sun to sun mean anyway?)
<3.<3.<3.

#10 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

Hewwoh Evrybudy, My namm is Thomas. Pa fel aslepe at his computer so I tied him to the chare so he wnt fall of it. We played a lot yesterday and i fink we tird him rite out. i am 3 now and pa says i am lik a tornado. Mi baby bruther is 1 and big bruther is 10. We had A big watwerfite yesterda with supor soker guns, it was fun to play wif pa cause he cant run awaae. Haf to go hid now, i think pa is waking up! Have gud days evribody. Tom

#11 bbira

bbira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

Hewwoh Evrybudy, My namm is Thomas. Pa fel aslepe at his computer so I tied him to the chare so he wnt fall of it. We played a lot yesterday and i fink we tird him rite out. i am 3 now and pa says i am lik a tornado. Mi baby bruther is 1 and big bruther is 10. We had A big watwerfite yesterda with supor soker guns, it was fun to play wif pa cause he cant run awaae. Haf to go hid now, i think pa is waking up! Have gud days evribody. Tom

Hello Thomas...So glad that you had such a great time playing with you grandfather and with your brothers yesterday. Water fights, eh? Sounds like you guys really picked on Grandpa John! But, I'm sure he was a good sport about it all. Thanks for tying him up while you use his computer. Nice to know that he won't get bruised from falling out of that chair. Now, run along and hide...and I hope that you will always know Grandpa John as the good sport and loving Grandpa that he is. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and that you guys have many more waterfights to come.
Take care...Bill from the Hill

Edited by bbira, 04 July 2010 - 07:16 AM.

#12 em45

em45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

Hello Thomas...So glad that you had such a great time playing with you grandfather and with your brothers yesterday. Water fights, eh? Sounds like you guys really picked on Grandpa John! But, I'm sure he was a good sport about it all. Thanks for tying him up while you use his computer. Nice to know that he won't get bruised from falling out of that chair. Now, run along and hide...and I hope that you will always know Grandpa John as the good sport and loving Grandpa that he is. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and that you guys have many more waterfights to come.
Take care...Bill from the Hill

Hi Thomas..sounds like you boys had fun yesterday..and i bet your grandfather enjoyed the super soaker guns, have fun for the summer
and say hi to your loving grandfather when he wakes up clever tying him to chair so he can't fall and you get to say hello to us..
Take care
Emma from Ireland

#13 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Goodmorning Everybody, I see you met Tommy Boy. He and his brothers are lots of fun, work, trouble, love, laughs, cleanups, laundry, etc. We had a good time. My wrists are sore from the ropes though. What do they teach at daycare now? I am home today. My neighbour Roy, not Robot Roy, is coming to bale hay for the horse barn. Looks like a good hay day. I hope that everyone goes to bed tonite thinking: that was a good day today. Chins up, and spit in the eye of the Parky Gremlins (proverbly only!) today. J

#14 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:46 AM

well, i've got new shoes and am walking like normal so today is an absolutely GRAND day for me! Hope others are as fortunate. Em, special thoughts for you, hope you are ok today

Love and happiness to everyone
Gazelle

#15 PBar

PBar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Michael J Fox trivia I found on twitter for those that don't feel old having PD.

In 'Back to the Future', Doc sets the clock in the DeLorean to a day 25 years in the future. Today is that day.

#16 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

wow - I remember watching those films at the cinema. Not sure where all those years went :(

#17 em45

em45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

well, i've got new shoes and am walking like normal so today is an absolutely GRAND day for me! Hope others are as fortunate. Em, special thoughts for you, hope you are ok today

Love and happiness to everyone
Gazelle

Hi Gazelle and thank you so much for your thoughts and kindness..and good to hear your in good spirits.

Take care
Em

#18 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

Good Morning World. C'mon Bill, time to get up! Emma probably has been up for hours. It is a beautiful morning here, trifle muggy but OK. We got most of our hay in yesterday before it started to rain. I have great neighbours here and we help each other and then eat supper together. It is good. I am happy that I can still do my share of the work even though I have to make adjustments to my style. We had mine and Roys tractors break down yesterday, but I managed to stay calm and we borrowed another from Louise. Stress is bad, stress breeds more stress and Parkys don't need stress. I hope everybody has a good stress free day today and maybe you phone an old friend today. Be strong, John.

PS, walk tall today in those new shoes GoZelda, Good MJF trivia BD, where does time go?

#19 bbira

bbira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

Hi Gazelle and thank you so much for your thoughts and kindness..and good to hear your in good spirits.

Take care
Em

Hello All...hello, John, and good morning to you, my friend. Seems that you WORKED all weekend! I'm sure it's hard work, as well, but I hope it's gratifying for you...seems so to me. We have a beautiful morning in the mountains after some terrible, terrible storms on Sunday evening. Luckily for us the storms were more on the plains and away from the mountains but one mountain community was hit with horrendous rain and winds and softball sized hailstones. Those poor people, many of them farmers and ranchers, face a ton of clean up now. What an incredible show the storms put on for us for the 4th of July. We didn't get much rain though. Some on the way tomorrow though.
Taking my sweet wife to see her doctor today...she's have some real difficulties with her back of late...her Mom passed a few years ago with a multitude of health problems but it all began with some bone degeneration in her back and hips. So, she's especially concerned that this may be the beginning of something related to what struck her Mom.
Em...hope you're feeling better...Gazelle...happy to hear about your new shoes...hope these do the trick for you...DBeevDad...thanks for the MJF and BTTF news...loved that movie! My sweet wife and I stayed up late one night this weekend to watch another MJF film..."The Secret to My Success"...very funny!
Hope all of you enjoy your day and the remainder of the week. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. In fact, I've now convinced my priest to now include all of you, and all PWP's and their spouses/partners/care-givers, at the morning Mass said each Wednesday morning...in fact, the intention of the Mass is for all of us. Lord, hear our prayers!
Take care...Bill

#20 woodbee

woodbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

hi all,

Just got back from a 3 day weekend at the lake. It was pretty pleasant the first 2 days and then high temps and HUMIDITY (whew ! sweat,sweat, sweat) spoiled the last day and continues here at home...Oh well. anyone else have a tough time when the weather is extreme. Now I think I know what my old dog used to feel like(pant, pant, pant). Anyway, I was brave enough to go out in the boat even though it is tough getting into the dang thing and I enjoyed the ride. Nice to read everyones adventures and mis-adventures. Wishes for good days ahead for each of you.

eileen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users