#3561 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm increasing the meds. The Pramipexole which makes me nausous. But if it helps...we will see.

I look forward to reading all your posts. Thank you.

mj
<3.<3.<3.

#3562 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey y'all

Easter monday I went fishing with my brother back north to his cottage. Fishlines, wind, cold wind, small hooks, deep cold water, 2 hour drive, tippy boats, all questionable threats to a Parky. But everything turned out great. We had lots of laughs. I am a lucky man to have 3 great younger brothers and two older terrific sisters.

You sound like you had a good day too eh Bob. With the Rhino horn, we just have to demand it and we get it right?

Hello to Marcia and Eileen, hope everyone is well!

jb
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#3563 Delta

Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yesterday my daughters took me hiking to Humpback rocks near the blueridge parkway in central VA. http://www.hikingupw.../HumpbackRocks/ The hike was probably more challenging than I should have attempted. The trail ascends 800ft in 1 mile. The trip up wasn't bad, but as I sat at the top admiring the view I was terrified I wouldn't make it down. We went slow, and my daughters led the way picking the easiest path. Again I never faltered and had no foot drag issues. Ironically my 16 year old slipped and fell, but I did not.

I'm not sure if PWP can do more than we think, or if this proves I'm a total idiot with an inappropriate amount of fear.

Delta

#3564 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Delta, You're not an idiot so what is the other options? Sometimes PWP do think they can do more than they can. But not in your case cause you did it! Good going Delta. What I was going to say just vanished out of my head. It was good too.

Oh well.
mj
<3.<3.<3.

#3565 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks, newbob. I shared my animal name (Prickly Ass) at a PD support group today where the topic was caregiving and humor and it got a laugh there, too.

JB, my husband and his dad used to drive way up into eastern Canada beyond the North Bay area of Ontario to fish when he was a kid. They had to bring in everything they used to an island on a boat similar to the one you used on Monday. Apparently the coffee was pretty potent--several hours of brewing in an old metal percolator.

Delta--I know I try too much sometimes, but I also many times don't try things that could be fun out of fear than I won't be strong enough. Your word for today is courageous.

Marcia, enjoy the Texas sunshine for me. We had three sunny days but are now back to liquid sunshine. We broke a heat record in Seattle on Easter Sunday. The mercury shot up to an unheard of 70 degrees!

Have a great evening, y'all.
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#3566 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm increasing the Pramipexole and every time I sit to read or anytime sitting I fall asleep. I thought sleeping so much during the day would keep me up at night but Noooo. I sleep all night and this morning felt like I hadn't had any. Plus the fact I'm having pretty strange dreams. My eyesight is blurred up close so I'm making mistakes. The MDS said I needed to see the eye doc cause it's not the Pd. Sometimes I don't think it's worth it but then remember how I was before meds. Oh well.

I hope all of you are having good days. And that goes for you too Dianne. What I've heard about where you are it does have a lot of rain but it is moderate temperatures all year long. So all you need is to take your rain coat. But I've never been there so I might be wrong. We are running the air conditioner. Wait till August and you can laugh.

That's it for now.
mj
<3.<3.<3.

#3567 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Marcia, today it dawned clear and sunny. By 12:30 pm it was raining. By 2:30 it was sunny again. Temperatures right now range from lows of about 40 to highs about 60. This is the spring weather pattern. Winters are almost always rainy or cloudy days with lows around 37 and highs around 42. We don't get snow very often but had a week of it this winter. In the fall, which starts in September, we had quite a few pretty days, and they have color on the trees. Temperatures are about the same as spring. But the summer, oh the summers in Western Washington: Lows in the mid 50s, highs between 75 and 80, lots of sunny days. You bet I will be laughing at Texans in August!Posted Image
Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#3568 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hi all. The Pramipexole makes me sleep. If I try to post, sleep. Read, sleep. I could sleep during the day and still sleep at night. Weird. If I doze off while reading I forget where I left off and have to read it again and then I fall asleep again and have to read where I couldn't remember. Never going to finish this book.

Ok, Jenette, this one's for you. "You are feeling sleepy. You are feeling sleepy. You are feeling sleepy. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
<3.<3.<3.

#3569 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hi y'all.

Weather...It snowed once this week, and I got a bit of sunburn another day later in the week.

I like rain for my garden, its been dry. It should come at night only, rain that is.

Marcia, I remember the sleepiness associated with mirapex, but it did work for me.

Dianne, how are you doing?

Delta, It is awesome that you climb a mountain. Is it true that you carried 20 tubes of tennis balls up with you and you served them out into the valley below you?

Well I wish that tomorrow we hear from Jeff and Carol just to say that they are doing well.

Goodnight worlf

#3570 Delta

Delta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

JB, We were on a outcropping of rock that jutted over the Shennedohah Valley with the wind blowing over 20mph. I know I have balance issues. I sat on my butt and scooted around the rocks. Everyone else including the 8 year olds walked to edge of the rocks. Maybe I do know my limitations.

My dream vacation is still Machu Picchu, Peru. The longer I delay the trip, the least likely I will be able to go. It requires a high level of mobility. This little hike gave me hope that if I continue to exercise and stay in shape I will be able to make the trip. Maybe next year.

On another note, my husband will be running in the Boston Marathon on Monday. Go Mike!

Delta

#3571 newbob10

newbob10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Delta! My dream is Machu Picchu too! I've long wanted to go there and will someday. It fascinates me. Almost had a chance this year - It is definitely on my bucket list. I hope you find a way to get there too. It sounds like you got off to a good start with your latest climb. Take pictures :). Maybe we'll bump into each other when we get there. Good luck to your husband in the Marathon too! I have signed up for our Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon this year as a way to get me motivated to exercise a lot more. I haven't run "on purpose" for 15 years, but have started little by little to get out there. I may be slow, and I may end up walking at times, but I am determined to do it. My brother trains marathon runners and is helping me train from a distance (he lives in Chicago) - nice to get some help from someone who knows what they're doing, and understands what I'm trying to outrun.

JB - hope you get some rain. We've had promises of rain here too, but nothing so far. The sod I planted needs it too - I may have to get out the sprinkler.

Yesterday - a trip to IKEA. Swedish meatballs for lunch and $500 worth of flat-packed goodies to bring home. If you've ever shopped there, you know I have a days worth of building the furniture we bought today. The fun part was getting it all in the car. My daughter is fortunately short enough that she could sit in the middle seat UNDER the long mirror that stretched most of the length of the car.

Tonight - going to an "English Beat" concert. Anyone remember them? Looking forward to it, but will need to take a nap this afternoon to be sure to be awake. My new medication has resulted in consistent exhaustion by about 8:30 PM the last couple of weeks. It's getting better, but it's annoying to not be able to participate in family activities into the evening.

Marcia, I hope things are settling out with your sleep issues. Thinking of you.

Jeff, Kim, Cynthia, et al - how are things going?

Have a good day everyone.
Bob

#3572 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hi everyone.

Dianne, it's alright to laugh at the Texas heat as I won't be here. I'm moving. But I might have to come down to see the kids.

I have a blank memory.

Tonya, where are you?

That's the end of my thoughts.

mj
<3.<3.<3.

#3573 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

G'day everybody, hi Marcia and Eileen

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I was into the city for the weekend. Actually went to a bar for a few drinks with my wife and some of her classmates after they wrote an exam on saturday night. Stayed over at my son and his wife's apartment and then to a BD party for my 3 yr old grandson. Today its a day off work to catch up a bit but the faster I go the quicker the jobs appear.

Lets have the next Parky meeting in Peru. Oooooh, is that who invented lima beans? Only thing worse than lima beans is chickpeas
Am I right? Egads, Heidi put chick peas in my spaghetti sauce. I prefer potatoes to start with........but my kids like pasta..

Bob, marathon running, I envy that,

Go Mike, has he run it before Delta.

Delta, skirt the edges, be safe, know the limits, that is good!

Almost Heaven, John Denver, Shennedoha River. Could you see the river from the ridge?

Be good everybody, stay strong, be defiant towards PD. Ignore the SOB, maybe it will go away.

jb

#3574 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Good afternoon from Western Washington where it rained all night and all morning, but now the sun is out!Posted Image

JB, you sound busy. Your comment about more chores appearing as you work reminds me of a saying my Grandmother had on her wall: "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get." I just had to add those two words to my dictionary, I don't like little red lines under my words. I know what I'm talking about.

Marcia, remind me, where will you be moving to? I remember it will be with family, but not the location. I miss Tanya, too. I will be going through Amarillo in early July. Maybe I'll look her up.

I was discharged from PT for my broken arm last Thursday. It doesn't mean it's 100%. It means I have to do exercises every day to build up lost strength. Just what I need--more exercise. I'm going to the doctor this afternoon and one thing I'm asking for is a release for me to exercise unsupervised at the local senior center. They offer cardio and resistance training. I know cardio is good, but is resistance training? I'm so stiff and sore, I think I just need to be hung upside down to let everything stretch back out. What do y'all do about stiff, painful muscles? I take Baclofen (muscle relaxer) and use heat. Doesn't help much.

I hope the rest of your day is wonderful!

Hey, I can't find the spell checker. Do you see it?
Dianne

#3575 woodbee

woodbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Walk walk walk
walk walk walk i'm lovin it. as long as I'm moderately careful and gentle to my knee I am getting in some good exercise these days. YA hoo
and now I need to figure out birthday dinner for DH tonight.

Hope EVERYONE is well

turbeedog

Edited by woodbee, 16 April 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#3576 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I can't sleep. My OH is snoring but it's nice that he is sleeping so I don't want to nudge him in case he wakes up.. Perhaps I can just stuff the corners of the pillow in my ears..... <_< :rolleyes:

Hi Eileen.."loved your post. I have also done more walking lately..yes, it's good isn't it. I'm sure hubby will enjoy his birthday dinner....I think men are just happy to be fed...they don't mind what it is!

Edited by gazelle66, 16 April 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#3577 woodbee

woodbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

That reminds me, I read about a new surgery technique that's being perfected in England (you may have heard about it already Gazellie) especially for male heart patients. It involves surgeons going thru many complex procedures including opening the stomach in order to access the the heart muscle. The lead surgeon summed up the essense of the new procedure by saying, "The way to a mans heart is thru his stomach.

Have a good day Glad you are still kickin' Gazzie

#3578 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi everyone. Glad to see Gaz is back.

The problem with my walking is I'd have to take the dog also and she would stop at every place where she finds other dog scent. That wouldn't count as a walk because I read it has to be fast. So is it better to walk slow so you don't fall or walk fast till you do. That didn't come out right. It must be the medication. I'm up to 1mg twice a day of Pramipexole. Plus 2mgs of Benztropine twice a day. I'm feeling a bit sleepy. I got to start typing faster to keep me awake.

Dianne, we are going back to Indiana.

I wish I could bottle this sleep. I'd call it Instant Zleep.

mj
<3.<3.<3.

#3579 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Morning! Glad to hear from you Gazelle.

Walking is my favorite form of exercise, too. If you walk fast enough to break a sweat, you are more likely to fall (as I did); if you walk slower you just have to walk longer to work up a sweat. I am not allowed to walk alone. My husband doesn't understand why I can't just walk with him and the Yorkie, but little Beau criss-crosses the path on his leash so often that I'm afraid that will make me fall. I'm awaiting a PT appt. to fit me for a walker so I can go on my own again. I absolutely hate walking on a treadmill. Can you say boring?

Marcia, my dad is a Hoosier! He grew up in the country outside a wide space in the road called Waynetown, IN. Their address was Crawfordsville, IN. We went there from Seattle every summer until I was 16. Many of my cousins live in the Indianapolis area, including Pete, who is much older and has more advanced PD. What part of the state do you hail from?

In other news, there appear to be no new developments as I have no further appts. this week! Starting Friday, we will be house sitting for my best friend while she goes with her family to a villa in Mexico for ten days. It will be nice to be in a house for awhile without the expense of keeping it up! We will be close to the water (no view, though). We can take Beau to the beach!

Keep smiling!

Edited by Beau's Mom, 17 April 2012 - 11:18 AM.

Dianne

#3580 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

We are up North, South Bend. It's close enough to go to the beach if you feel like a ride but also close enough to get lake effect snow.

Now I have the hiccups. One was so loud that the dog looked up.
<3.<3.<3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users