jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Good morning everyone,

That is a good collar Tom.  What a nice looking dog.

Well its Friday, who doesn't like a Friday.

I decided that for my New Years resolution(s), I am not going to shake as much, I will not jerk around as much, I will not freeze up, I will not let my back get so tight and sore, my hands will be steady "like a brain surgeons", I will not let my head get foggy from my drugs, and what the heck,-- I will win the lottery as well.

Did I miss anything?  OK, 1 more.  I will train my bladder to hold back like the Hoover Dam.

So, what is up this week.  Not much posting here this week.  I never wrote anything but I have lazy spells. The rest of you dont though. 

I hope that you are feeling better Dianne. How are you today Chava? Hi Tom.  Thawed out yet, Bard? Linda, Marcia? Ella, Island Girl and everyone else...... I trust that you are all fine, Hale and Hearty.

Well, I gotta get working on my resolutions. Or have more breakfast.

Take care,

jb

• ellaangel2 and Linda Garren like this
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#6843 Linda Garren

Linda Garren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

jb, love opening up your posts, as I know they will make me smile and laugh.  What a nice way to start a day.

This has been one  extremely popular thread over a long period of time. Great job!

Age 69.  Retired from Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions after 36 years in a number of administrative coordination positions for Deans and Department Directors within the various institutions.

Diagnosed with PD summer 2014. 

#6844 bard

bard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCoquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Hi JB

Thanks for asking but we are still very cold -8 today. We are not used to it so seems worse

Have a great weekend

Bard

#6845 ellaangel2

ellaangel2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Doing ok here jb, other than that "lazy" thing going on.........

#6846 Beau's Mom

Beau's Mom

Dianne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

I want to upload a photo but Photobucket isn't working. Any suggestions?

Dianne

I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.

#6847 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

I'm the wrong one to ask as I still haven't gotten a good grip on how I uploaded photos. That last one was me and I was sideways. I also have not used Photobucket. 

I love listening to the birds in the morning. It would be better if you couldn't hear the road noise. 

#6848 papa57

papa57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

Good evening everyone. hello Chava. Florida sounds good tonite.  It is only a few degrees below 0 Celsius here  in Ontario tonite but the wind is crazy wild. I expect to see polar bears blowing past the window caught up in the wind.

Papa, I enjoyed your post. I understood better what I had written previously. Thank you and I hope that you continue to help me sort out my thoughts.

I tend to eat fast and tonite I just about choked to death on Tuna casserole.  I realized that I needed a drink of water and suddenly my throat was burning by a blockage and I had hiccups. Running to the sink as only a ten yr Parky can run, I was able to swallow some water and recovery was quick as it loosened up the lodged tuna noodles.  Whew!  It was not that close of a call but I was in the house alone and it was a little bit scary.

my thoughts..

1.   Not to take this lightly, choking on food is a major cause of death for us.  We don't chew our food as much and we don't swallow with a good rythm and we aren't good coughers.

2. I must slow down and chew food better, take more and smaller swallows and drink water with my meal.

3. If that was to be my end, I would rather it was a nicer meal than tuna casserole.

I guess that is all for tonite.  I must get my New Years Resolutions done.  #1 is chew my food better and eat slowoo--owwwer-eeerrr!

gnite, jb

Hope u r feeling better Dianne

Appreciate you humor regarding item number 3. Yes I agree, something better than tuna casserole. Rib eye steak would probably be my choice, or as my grandkids know my true weakness are cookies! Probably be well deserved if I snuck too many cookies out of the cookie jar! :)

#6849 Island Woman

Island Woman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationNewport RI

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Morning All, well the other day we hit 59 degrees and today back to 25...no wonder so many are sick with viruses.  In on location they decided to close schools for 3 days in hopes the students and teachers can get an extra jump on this bug.  Computer has been heading for a slow death and getting time to bite the bullet for a new one...but I hate changes not to mention learning a new program.  Sure I'll be pulling my hair out.

Marcia have no idea how to upload a photo...tried once but never worked...good luck.

Bard, -8....to cold for me...please keep it up there.

Dianne, hope you're over your cold...I hear from relatives in Seattle that a drone hit the space needle.  Jb, how many resolutions have you broken so far?  For all that I missed saying hello, stay warm/stay cool. :razz:

Patricia

#6850 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Good morning everyone.

I hope that everyone hada good MLK day yesterday.   Is Friday a holiday for the inauguration as well?

Hey Patricia, I always figured that everyone in my neck of the woods should be very sick with something when the thermometer changes 20 degrees from one day to the next. The new years resolutions, hmm, I guess I would say that I am still  hopeful of success with them. But then, I still hope that I will be the goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs and lead them to the Stanley cup one year.

Bard, the temp is so cold for you in Vancouver compared to normal that the the Carbon tax to pay for global warming is going to hurt even more. 

Good to see you Dianne.  Hope that you are well.

well, I am seizing up like the Tin Man from the wizard of Oz.

Have good days, jb 

• Beau's Mom likes this

#6851 ellaangel2

ellaangel2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

Nope, jb, no Holiday on inauguration day (especially not this year,) oops, that belongs on another thread!!

Not nearly enough "white stuff" here in New York for my liking this year so far, I like Winter to "act" like Winter, that way one can appreciate the Spring more.

I love the change of seasons, feels like we're getting short changed in that area.

Sorry to hear you're "seizing up" jb, get that oil can right away now! I must say, that was my favorite classic! Must have seen it a 100 times!
The lion being my favorite, guess I can identify with him the most (a bit cowardly, I must admit!) oh, and of course Toto!

"There's no place like home,".......isn't that the truth!

Edited by ellaangel2, 17 January 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#6852 Linda Garren

Linda Garren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Nope, jb, no Holiday on inauguration day (especially not this year,) oops, that belongs on another thread!!  LOL!  Glad to have some company in making this kind of mistake, ea2!  :-) 

Not nearly enough "white stuff" here in New York for my liking this year so far, I like Winter to "act" like Winter, that way one can appreciate the Spring more.

I love the change of seasons, feels like we're getting short changed in that area.

Sorry to hear you're "seizing up" jb, get that oil can right away now! I must say, that was my favorite classic! Must have seen it a 100 times!
The lion being my favorite, guess I can identify with him the most (a bit cowardly, I must admit!) oh, and of course Toto!

"There's no place like home,".......isn't that the truth!

Age 69.  Retired from Johns Hopkins University and Medical Institutions after 36 years in a number of administrative coordination positions for Deans and Department Directors within the various institutions.

Diagnosed with PD summer 2014. 

#6853 bard

bard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCoquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

Jb it is finally raining here so we can get rid of all the snow. Ellenangel if I would of only knew we could have sent all the white stuff to New York for you. Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Bard

#6854 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Good Morning Fellow PWPs,

Marcia, there is nothing as nice as listening to the birds sing.  The crescendos, the chorus lines, the operettas and pleading calls into the night of the whipperwill  all are amazing. I am lucky that I have many songbirds in the trees around my house that I like to listen to and identify..  I have a brushy area behind my house in the old chicken coop.  It was expanding and I thought that I should clean that area of brush up as it was growing upwards and outwards. But when I went to that area, with my pruning shears and Swede Saw, even though I am short and brown haired and obviously not of Scandinavian descent, I was amazed at the number of bird nests and general population of Tweeters that called the tightly knit brush: home, tweet home.  Needless to say, I left it alone and the birds are happy.  

Notes. The old farmer next door would never plant his corn in the spring until he heard a whipperwill.  In the early morning, I hear my neighbour Roy's rooster crowing.  In the evening his Guinea hens are very raucous. And speaking of flying things, those flying monkey men in the Wizard of Oz freaked me out like nothing else I had ever seen on TV.

Papa, I too love rib eye steaks, and chocolate chip cookies.  Your picture is not of Wisconsin, is it?  

Gotta fly, have a good day everybody.

jb

• Beau's Mom likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users