• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Birdsall

Fred Birdsall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

I have been taking Requip for three weeks, and I seem to be tolerating the drug. I have been taking Sinimet for about four years. How soon can I expect to seem some improvements--balancing and fine motor skills?

#2 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Board Certified Pharmacist

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

It is all a matter of dosing. With requip, and most PD Meds, you need to start low and go slow. There is no real, clear cut answer as to when you may e perience relief due to the fact that some people react to lower doses while others require a much higher dose. Everyone is different. I will tell you that the closer you get to the dose that is right for you, the less your symptoms will be. With each increase you may or may not feel a difference but, when you get close to the dose that is right for you, your body will let you know.

Hope this helps.
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

#3 jka54

jka54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

been taking the generic version of Requip ( Ropinerole) but it hasn't seem to have been to effective for me yet although i did notice a bit of relief from the syptoms for about 2 to 3 hrs after taking the current dosage . My nuero has increased my next dosage too 3mg. i hope this will give me longer relief and be more effective. until i hit the right dose combination that
you're refering too.

Joseph

#4 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Board Certified Pharmacist

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Glad to hear you are sticking with it and giving it time to work. Make sure you listen to your body and not a "true" schedule. Your body will tell you when you need it>

been taking the generic version of Requip ( Ropinerole) but it hasn't seem to have been to effective for me yet although i did notice a bit of relief from the syptoms for about 2 to 3 hrs after taking the current dosage . My nuero has increased my next dosage too 3mg. i hope this will give me longer relief and be more effective. until i hit the right dose combination that
you're refering too.

Joseph

Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users