#1 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

It was three in the morning and they couldn't sleep. Not for want of trying. Hot drinks, deep breathing, reading; both Annie and Alfie were determined to nod off, but the sleep gremlins had other ideas. "Oh, I give up" Alfie was the first to crack. He slithered out of bed and shrugged on his dressing gown. "Fancy a cuppa?" Annie nodded from the pillow and dragged her weary body to a sitting position. She listened to the familiar noises coming from below...Click. That was the kettle. Clink. The mugs were removed from the shelf. Ting, ting, ting. The spoon rattled as the hot liquid was stirred....and then THUD!
What was that? Annie's senses prickled at the unusual noise and the ensuing silence. "On no. He's fallen". Annie leapt out of bed and rushed towards the stairs. She slowed as she reached the bottom. What if he hadn't fallen. What if it were burglars? What if it were aliens? No, that’s just silly. But as a precaution she grabbed the first thing to hand (an old umbrella left by the front door for emergencies) and tip toed towards the kitchen, which was still in silence. When she got there, she stopped and stood perplexed by the scene in front of her. Alfies slippers were standing in front of the worktop in the place where he should be stirring their nocturnal brew. But they were empty. Where had Alfie gone?

#2 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

A shiver ran down her spine as a gust of cold air wrapped around her. Did he go out the door she thought? The dog was crouched under the table happy to see her but it was not coming out. His tail fanned the floor and was shaking.
Don't be hard on yourself, try your best and be strong!

#3 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

A shiver ran down her spine as a gust of cold air wrapped around her. Did he go out the door she thought? The dog was crouched under the table happy to see her but it was not coming out. His tail fanned the floor and was shaking.

#4 Guest_TonyaV_*

Guest_TonyaV_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:27 AM

She began to holler his name as panic seized her like a sharp pain. Where could he be? She ran through the house, knowing he wasn't there, back to the kitchen she threw open the door to the garden and heard the piercing sound. She felt like she was in a deep tunnel all alone and her ears began to close up; everything around her started to fade and then darkness enclosed her. As she began to come around...

#5 MarciaJ

MarciaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

she felt someone wiping her face with a wet cold cloth. It felt so good. She opened her eyes and was almost sick when she realized it was the dog who came out to help by licking her face. Brave dog! Annie couldn't go on looking for Alfie until she had washed her face but once that was finished she picked up the umbrella and started her search again. "I wonder what time it is?" thought the worried Annie.
<3.<3.<3.

#6 em45

em45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

she felt someone wiping her face with a wet cold cloth. It felt so good. She opened her eyes and was almost sick when she realized it was the dog who came out to help by licking her face. Brave dog! Annie couldn't go on looking for Alfie until she had washed her face but once that was finished she picked up the umbrella and started her search again. "I wonder what time it is?" thought the worried Annie.

Outside as Annie called out for Alfie it began to rain heavy..as she opened the umbrella she felt her feet lift off the ground..what's happening she cried....

#7 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

as she floated Mary Poppins style. The view began to change, there was the factory where her and Alfie toiled all those years. Over the river and the bridge. Images of the accident flooded her mind but soon she was over the hospital where her kids were born, there is Alfie handing out cigars, and the Church where we exchanged vows and Uncle Jimmy's decorated cadillac, now there is the high school where Alf asked me to dance and the streets of my old town where Alf and I played barefoot in the summer sun. The air grew colder and the image grew darker. Annie floated down a back road. The smell of lilacs filled her senses. I remember this place. She could now see herself dressed in a small black dress, I'm only six she thought and she walked along a path to a fenced in square overgrown with weeds. I remember this and she pulled moss off the face of a stone. Her mother had died the week Annie turned six. Chiseled into the cold rock was her mothers name: Annie Park. She never heard the footsteps behind her, but she felt the cold hand as it..........

#8 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

...landed on her shoulder. Then Annie jumped again as another hand landed on her other shoulder, rooting her to the spot. For a moment she was frozen to the spot with fear, but, gulping in some air, she slowly turned her head to face the owner of the first hand. "whaaatttt?!" Annie blinked at the sight in front of her....a brown hairy horse-looking face was looking back at her. "Hello. I'm Alf" Before she could even think about an answer, she heard an echo coming from her other side "Hello. I'm Alf". Annie turned to her other side and came face to face with her Alfie. But he looked different....his eyes were glazed and un-focussed. He had some small tufts of brown hair sprouting out of his ears. And did he always have bucked teeth? Annie gathered her thoughts... what was going on?

#9 Guest_TonyaV_*

Guest_TonyaV_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

"Am I dreaming?" "This can't be real," she thought. Maybe this was some sick joke. Maybe someone had drugged her and her Alfie. Was that why she was seeing a furry creature speaking to her in a man's deep tone? He had called himself Alf! Hadn't there been an accident? "I can't think clearly". Annie squeezed her eyes shut several times, but everything was still the same when she opened them. "Alfie, what's happening to us? Alfie, why are you looking at me that way?" It was then that she followed her husband's eyes and slowly turned around to see...

#10 carol42

carol42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

the dead dear with its throat ripped open!! Annie screamed MY GOD ALFIE wat the frig hav you done!!! Alfie looked at her with sad eyes like a dog wantin some of your dinner she felt repulsed and tried to back away from him but........

#11 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

it was like her feet were stuck in mud. She knew that only one was Alf, the other face was that of his twin, Albert, long dead now.

When they went to bed that night, Annie knew that sleep would be difficult. Although they didn't discuss it, 66 years ago that day Albert had died in a tragic accident. The twins had been walking along the River Road on the way home. Annie Park was driving toward them on the other side of Blind Man's Bend when a deer jumped onto the road. In an effort to avoid the animal she swerved, lost control and struck the twins. Alfie was bruised, Albert was killed. Annie's car ended up in the river and she drowned. It was a sad time in Parksville as the two families grieved with friends and neighbours.

Oh she had dreams before about that day, but never like this. Alfie, come here and tell me what to do. One figure came forth and the other...........

#12 Guest_TonyaV_*

Guest_TonyaV_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

the dead dear with its throat ripped open!! Annie screamed MY GOD ALFIE wat the frig hav you done!!! Alfie looked at her with sad eyes like a dog wantin some of your dinner she felt repulsed and tried to back away from him but........

:lol: :lol:

#13 carol42

carol42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

when thry both started to approach her a figure appeared behind them,she could see the outlines of 2 pistols,Annie didnt know wat to do,a womans voice yellled out GET DOWN ANNIE!! with that she shot the Alf and her Alfie in the knees!! they both dropped to the ground growling and snarling in pain,dont move yous varments!! the woman yelled, as the woman moved closer Annie realised who she was....it was THE BROOKSIE!! my gwad Brooksie wat hav you done you hav shot my Alfie!!........

#14 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

"hey, it's ok. They're only rubber bullets - do you think I am a complete mad woman??" The two Alfs looked up at this and stopped writhing around on the floor. "thanks a lot" said the hairier Alf. "They still hurt you know". By this time Annie was near to fainting. What on earth was going on?

She glanced around her, looking for something that made sense. It was a full moon. Was that it? Was her dearest Alfie an Alf-wolf? or was it a Were-alf? Either way, as if to confirm her fears, Alfie gave out a little howl as he rose to a standing position. "sorry honey" he said in a deep voice "it was the only way I could get to see my twin, I didn't think you would ever find out"

"so what now?" Annie was beginning to get a bit miffed. "You can't be hungry" she said sarastically, eyeing the remains of the unfortunate deer....

#15 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:22 AM

SIDEBAR:

As Gazscary paused in her story, the kids around the campfire shuddered as a collective mass. Werewolves!! Little Jack had heard the roar of lions on the Serrengetti, had snakes cross his path but werewolves gave him the willies. And Young Willie had to pee like a race horse but no friggen way was he leaving for the dark outhouse. NG, stood and faked a yawn, masked his fear by suggesting that everyone has some sinemat and go to bed, we can finish this story tomorrow in the daylite. But when no one offered to walk with him to the bunkhouse beyond the safety of fire and light, he quickly sat down again. Despite already sweating buckets, Ricky moved tighter to the fire as he saw the full moon beginning to cross the cloudy sky. Full moon and werewolves?, Eileen tipped her head back and howled with sheer delight making the Texan Girls scream. Ems tried to get a song going with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to prop up the courage but everyone was too busy watching the darkness for predators. When Eric declared that he had never heard of a story before with dead deer and shots to the kneecaps, Camp Director Carol put a hand on his back, fingers round his neck said it could of happened. With a whimper, he sat down again. But no one took their eyes off of the little girl at the edge of the light and her two pistols. As the storyteller started again, the kids hushed.

Edited by jb49, 20 September 2010 - 01:32 AM.

#16 carol42

carol42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

i hav been sent by the htpp//protectthesimenetformnorms.org, said the Brooksie,word has got out that norms our taken PWP meds and as a result when the moon is full they turn into werewolves!! those rubber bullets were coated in silver,it returns them to norms again but the research and clinical trials of weither they remain norms is inconclusive!!! With that the Brooksie reached inside her long blac coat,Annie Alfie and Albert ducked for cover!!! Alfie screamed!! I TOOK THEM BY MISTAKE! I THOUGHT THEY WERE MY HEART TABLETS!!! the Brooksie just tutted and said be QUIET! you silly man! she reached inside her coat,and from the pocket took out a shineing glowing orb,she moved to the dear and put 1 hand on its gappen throat wound and closed her other hand round the orb..................(some1 can finnish :grin: )

#17 gazelle66

gazelle66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationBlighty

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

...the glowing orb shone brighter and brighter. It lit up the surrounding area until the whole graveyard was shining and shimmering eerily against the black ink of the night sky. Brooksie was standing completely still and concentrating madly on the deer. Slowly, before a bemused set of spectators, the deer started to move. Almost imperceptibly at first, then with more energy as it seemed that something was flowing into its body giving it life. Tendons and veins in the gashed throat started to seek out their partner and knit back together. The skin started to enfold the wound in its protective warmth. In minutes the deer was struggling free of Brooksies grip and skitting about the group.

Annie, Alf and Alf all looked at each other speechless. Three sets of eyes, as big as saucers, swivelled towards Brooksie, who looked unruffled. "Just a little something i've been working on. I've been extracting the blood of the norms who have converted - I think it will bring things back to life". Annie and Alfies thoughts flew to Albert.

At that moment, the deer started to act very strangly. It twitched and contorted and spun around so fast that they lost sight of it completely for a few seconds. when it slowed, it no longer looked like a deer. It was more like...............

#18 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

a wolf. Now the woods were alive with villagers who heard the shots and seen the glow. Everybody was abuzz asking questions and pointing fingers. The creature then stood to its hind feet and it appeared as a were wolf before the features softened yet again to resemble a man who looked like Alfie. Was this his twin Albert returning from the dead. With a shake of his head and a primal growl everyone jumped back except for the unflappable Brooksie who was busy repacking her secret medicinal kit and reloading her guns. She turned to Alf and Annie and the hushed crowd: and said "This should prove to you that ...."

#19 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

for every disease there is a cure in time, and a time for every cure. With that the Brooksie faded into the woods, the crowd dispersed and Annie awoke to a knock on her bedroom door. It was Albert, Alfies dear brother. Time to wake Annie dear he had whispered through the door crack. You were dreaming again. Rather loudly.

When Alf and Annie married, they had set up house on the property near the factory and bordered on the Farm. The Farm supplied most of the garden produce for Parksville. The factory was about abandoned having committed many atrocities to the environs surrounding its property. The wells, stream and wildlife were all questionable in terms of safety. Alf's first symptoms were seizures, followed by memory loss. Still he worked the factory, fished and hunted the whitetailed deer that fed along the river bank. After many years of sickness, Annie had found him dead in the woods where he had been hunting deer. Her health had deteriorated as well. The new doctor in town had talked of Parkinsons, a new disease being researched in England. Her hand shook, her voice weakened, could hardly write a grocery list that she could read. Finally Albert, Alf's twin invited her to move with her Dog to his house on the other side of town. He was a dear person and him and his wife looked after her needs.

After massive Xrays of her head, in an attempt to establish brain damage, Ann, who had always dreamed in detail, became almost psychic. Her dreams became deeper with more and stunning detail. And questions. I'll be right there Albert she responded through veiled eyes. The dog at her side whimpered as she slipped off again into sleep. Her mind raced to another time, to her house with Mamma in the kitchen making gingerbread. The smell of it drifted upward as she played in the nursery with her blocks. The letters spun around forming words and they .......

#20 jb49

jb49

jb49

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

lined up on their own accord. TAERDEBHTINANSI
Again they shuffled and now read ENA BATES IN THIRD, Funny, Ena was the Bates girl, her first live in sitter. Something happened with her and she left crying. Third?, Ena's room was the third door up the hallway. Again they shuffled NANI IS BED THREAT Nani, her next sitter was a girl from overseas. Something had happened with her and Poppa. Ann was supposed to be sleeping and she opened Nani's door to see what the screams were about. So confusing for a little girl but Poppa was very angry and had tried to hide from her. The lettered blocks scrambled again. Her father;'s face burned in Anns mind as her mind raced. The blocks now read HATE BRIDE ANN SIT. What could that mean, her mom was a bride named Ann. SIT, her babysitters?, the sitting room of of her parent's bedroom? An idea formed in her mind, Poppa before he went away to wherever he went, used to have a safe in the floor, under the carpet in that sitting room. Another secret she wasn't supposed to know about. As a 5 year old she used to play with the knob, never knowing the combination. For the last time the blocks shuffled and spelt out the words ANNIES BIRTH DATE. She flew out of bed, with renewed vigour. Her mind was clear and knew what she had to do. Quickly she dressed, ate with Albert and his wife and called for a cab. Soon she was riding it past frame houses which made way for brick mansions and soon she had the cab pull into a circular drive at a house that she used to call home. Asking the driver to wait, she strengthened her resolve and proceeded to............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users