• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 charlieajar

charlieajar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Can you provide/identify a company that manufactures bracelets that would show that one has parkinson's disease and has special medicine needs. My reason for asking is that a local man died within 15-20 minutes after a car accident as the police could not readily recognize his special medical/medicine needs.They thought he was doing drugs and could not maintain his balance or understand their orders.They then cuffed him. Thank you for your help

#2 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Advanced Member

• Ask the Pharmacist Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

I personally have one made by American Medical ID company. you can find the at americanmedical-id.com. i have had mine for quite a while, and no issues at all. Of course, there is only so much you can fit on an id bracelet ot necklace. This company also offers a wallet card for the list of medications.
There are many companies who make them, but i have had great success with mine. it has not broken, fallen off, tarnished, etc. I also recommend getting 2. If one gets lost, you do not have to wait for another one to come in. It may seem like a waste of money at that time, but better to have one ready now than to have something happen while you are waiting for one to come in
Also, another great thing is the ICE program for the cell phone. ICE stands for "In Case of Emergency." anyone and everyone should do this. In your cell phone add the contact name ICE and then put the phone nomber of who you would like the authorities t call in an emergency. ALL police, fire, and ambulance workers are aware of this and look for this on cell phones. This is a great way to also help save lives. Of course, please let the person know you are using then as your ICE.

Can you provide/identify a company that manufactures bracelets that would show that one has parkinson's disease and has special medicine needs. My reason for asking is that a local man died within 15-20 minutes after a car accident as the police could not readily recognize his special medical/medicine needs.They thought he was doing drugs and could not maintain his balance or understand their orders.They then cuffed him. Thank you for your help

Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

#3 VernonRHolmesSr

VernonRHolmesSr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBradenton, Florida

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

The Awear a Care Kit you can get from The National Parkinson's Foundation Has The Med. ID Bracelet in it, along with a Medical Card and a lot more items you my need. It is offer to anyone who has PD at know charge. Please check out their Website. Hope this helps, Vernon
Vernon Ray Holmes Sr - Minister

#4 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Vernon ,
Thanks for reminding me about the kit. I get I did not see the trees through the forest.
As Vernon said, the kit has a large amount of information and many other "goodies."
I believe it is very important that everyone with PD have some kind of ID stating they have PD. I have a bracelet, one on both key chains, one in my wallet, one in both car glove boxes, and little note that I carry in my wallet that reads, "I am not intoxicated, I have Parkinson's Disease. It also contains a list of my meds, my Drs name and phone number, my wife name and phone number, and my friends name and phone number. I believe this comes in the kit.
Thanks again Vernon for reminding me of the obvious. You are great.

Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

#5 VernonRHolmesSr

VernonRHolmesSr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBradenton, Florida

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Thank You, I was just trying to Help. Good Luck on Managing your PD.
Vernon Ray Holmes Sr - Minister

#6 MComes RPH

MComes RPH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

That goes double for you and everyone else out there. It does get agrevating when it seems llike all we hear is "possible" related to a possible cure for PD.
Thanks again
Best of health,
Mark R. Comes R.Ph.
"Ask The Pharmacist"
www.parkinson.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users