helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cberninger

Back Stiffness and Trouble Walking

7 posts in this topic

Anyone had any advice on improving back stiffness and trouble walking for someone only on Azilect and Amantadine 100mg 3 x/day?

I don't know if it is also the way I sleep?

;)

might look into some physical therapy plus a quick thing to check is your shoes...turn them over...check the sole for uneven wear

Island Woman - thanks for the reply..On the PT and soles aspects, been there done that. I work out at least 3 times per week. It's either more progression or my bed needs to be adjusted, maybe. LOL.

I think you understand. When my back is a mess, it affects my gait and the strength of my legs. Frustrating. I can run a mile though.

I recommend frequent rest periods. I was advised 10 minutes out of each hour in the beginning by a PT. If I am tired and stressed, I will do much less of the things that are helpful. My goals on more stressful days are to breathe, eat, sleep, and if I have energy left, exercise. Being an overachiever, I immediately added meditation to the essential list. :rolleyes:

I believe it is my impaired gait that messes up my back. Kind of the exact opposite of what you're experiencing. If mY hamstring get tight , my back is done for. Yoga helps me also

Delta