helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
annfisher43

Anxiety

I was recently started on Seroquel, and it seems to help as long as I am not obsessing about things I cannot change and unnecessarily upsetting myself.

I have these anxiety issues to. I wake up in the middle of the night or early morning obsessing about stuff. For instance I had to fix a broken chair in the house the other morning at 0430! I also could not go back to sleep the other night because I knew my dog needed a bath. The list goes on and on. I have been told this is an issue with PD. I currently take no meds for it because of my profession. Any advise to help this naturally?

I also suffer from anxiety and obsessively dwelling on things I can't control. Seroquel & lexapro makes a big differences for me. I see a Psychiatrist who works exclusively with a large movement disorder clinic, he has been a fantastic help to me and keeps on the "straight and narrow. I had seen a psychiatrist without the focused experience with PD and he didn't understand how to help and pushed more symptomatic meds rather than addressing the root cause with the right meds and "therapy".

I also suffer with anxiety...worry about things all the time...right now dealing with stomach issue and know I'm making it worse with anxiety...just trying to get it under control...haven't seen a therapist for a few month but will this thursday. Need to work through this...almost think meds could be causing the stomach issue.

Patricia

Has anyone tried anything for there anxiety other than prescription drugs? If so have you had any luck with it? I have been doing yoga and some meditation. I think it has helped some but i still have issues. I am required to report prescription drugs I take to my employer

and know I will be be put on limited duty If I report taking any kind of anxiety medication. When I first reported taking sinemet and requip XL after my DX my employer put me on limited duty and I remained ther for 6 months without them even having a physician see me. Even though my MDS who specializes in patients with PD said I was able to perform all of my duties. Thanks for any help.

Brad

I use a set of meditations called Meditation Oasis. They are available on iTunes as podcasts or can be purchased at Meditation Oasis.com. There are about 42 on one download. My absolute favorite is Beyond Pain. When my neck and shoulders are stiff and dystonic I use this meditation to relax and fall asleep.

• Like 2