helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
williamg

This Stinks!!!! or does it?

8 posts in this topic

I have been experiencing some nasty odors lately! I am the type of person who cleans house. I don't mean picking up here and there, I mean ceiling to floor, scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming every few days!!!!! I am terrible as in if I here someone rinse off a dish I have to go wipe the water spots off of everything.

All of this stems from my past occupations. I used to own a home inspection company where we inspected houses for real estate sale's. I also maintained 580 rental homes. In doing so I got to see first hand how nasty some people live. I admit that I am anal about cleanliness. I have spent this morning chasing the smell of rotten food. No matter where in the house I go it is there. The three people I chase around picking up after all say that there is NO ODOR in the house other than bleach.(I bleach the sinks, toilets and tub/showers)

I cant smell the food I am cooking or anything else but every now and then I can smell rotting food. Anyone else smell things that aren't there?

I also smell strange things that my wife says aren't there. I get concerned because sometimes it smells acrid like and electrical fire. I run through the house trying track it down but nothing there. Quite unnerving at times. There was a period of time about a year ago where everything smelled like sewage. I have heard of others smelling pleasant odets like roses. Go figure I end up smelling sh..!

Luck of the draw I guess

LOL!! I have also smelled what I thought was a fire. Hmmm roses would be nice!

Yess!!! I have some days when it is one bad smell after another parading up my nose and into my mind. In reality, I couldn't smell a skunk farting but some days a variety of imagined stenches get stuck in my head. There was a thread a while ago about this topic.

Interesting! Even though I am early stage I too have smelled odors that no one else did. As I researched PD symptoms I learned that many people lose their sense of smell early on. I have not experienced this but have smelled strange odors that no one else does. Glad I'm not alone on this one.