helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
downward dog

Clonazepam ok for panic attacks of pd?

Long before I developed pd I was using clonazepam, prn, for occasional panic attack. I would like to resume this,now that I have pd and the panic attacks have returned. It depends on whether it is compatible with Azilect. On drug interaction web pages, the info isn't clear.

If it is not ok to take these two together, can you suggest a medicine for panic attacks which is compatible with Azilect? ( I am already taking lorazepam 1 mg 3 times a day, and it isn't enough for panic. I am also on Sinemet and it too doesn't help enough for panics)

Thanks.

I would ask your doc first about higher doses of sinemet and decreasing medication time intervals as these sometimes help panic.

I have personally not had a problem using Azilect and Clonazepam together.

Dr in ER gave me Clonazepam in ER to relax the tremors I was having all over. I woke up 3 1/2 days later on my sofa. In between I had been to the hospital twice which I had no knowledge of. According to my family I asked to go and said I was very sick. During the time at the hospital I got hold of my cell phone and called everyone I knew and talked about India and Bethelm which I have no recall of any of this. It is listed to be used with causion with PD patients. This is my experience I do know others that take and have no reaction at all.

It is likely not a reaction between Azliect and clonazepam. Some people have this type of reaction to benzodiazepine drugs and also the common drug Ambien. Sometimes a lower dose is the answer for people that need this drug for sleep (REM sleep disorder).

I have heard this story before! Feel better,