helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joshzach4

working third shift with parkinsons

3 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone on here could offer advice or experiences on working thirds? I took a promotion with a big pay increase to work third shift. Physically the work will be easier just wondering about how my bodily will react?

I work from 4:30 am (up at 3:15 am) till 11:30 some days and 2 pm other days. Been doin it for over 7 years. All I can say is pace yourself, keep meds on time and sleep right.

A little advice... save all that extra cash. Live like you never got it.

Edited by Luthersfaith

I work 12-hour night shifts from 7 pm (usually arrive at 6:45) to 7 am (typically clock out at 7:30). The work is generally a little easier than dayshift because doctors, managers, and visitors aren't running around everywhere like they do on days, but simply being up all night is much more of a strain on my body than being on days. I definitely cannot rotate my sleep schedule like most everyone else does - I have to stay up all night and sleep during the day even on my nights off in order to get enough rest and stay on a routine medication schedule. I have also found that because I am alone all night when I'm off, I'm generally not as active and I tend to get depressed more from the lack of human interaction. However, I'm pretty much stuck right now because I can't afford to take the pay cut of going to days. In my opinion, unless I absolutely had to have the money, I would stay on days and maintain a normal sleep schedule. You're body will appreciate you for it.

Kevin