helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
LUTHERSFAITH

How many of you use Pot and it helps?

90 posts in this topic

The use of marijuana is illegal here in Indiana. But 10 miles to the north in Michigan it's perfectly legal. If I lived in Michigan I would be trying it.

if it helped me and was not punishable by law where i reside, i'd be all over it. How many of you above responders gave an emphatic "no!" because of laws? Marijuana has been proven to do many positive medical things. Was only declared illegal when prohibition was repealed. More money for the liquor companies. How many of you would refrain from alcohol or tobacco if it were illegal?

many people just don't know how to think for themselves and need a Rush Limbaugh ( drug abuser) tell them what they are supposed to think.

3 people like this

Marijuana has also been proven to be addictive and to decrease your cognitive abilities as well as increase apathy. I already have significant cognitive deficits as well as PD induced apathy. Addiction runs strongly in my family. Therefore, I decline to try it. For me, the risks outweigh the benefits. In my state it is legal for anyone over 21 to use.

3 people like this

No, but I do find that wine helps me. It relaxes my neck muscles My 2nd neuro told me to switch from red to white....something to do with the sulfites. I'm sure a cardiologist would say red, but neurologists say white. Who knows.

I didn't understand vipowitz to be saying that at all. How could you possibly have inferred....oh, never mind.

Sorry Luther This is what I think........

I didnt mean to infer that Rush was dumb. I'm certain he is not. Nor do I believe that Chris Matthews is a rocket scientist. Rush may be, however, firstly an entertainer,a (possibly) recovering drug addict, grossly arrogant, far holier than me, a hypocrite and also (I'm quite certain of this) a bigot. As far as Obama is concerned, I'm not impressed by what he has accomplished but he's way down on the evil scale when compared to George W Bush. Roll that up and smoke it.

Edited by vipowitz
2 people like this

Yes.... But everyone knows that I do already...

I live in Washington so it is legal for those 21 and older. I also hold a medical card so I can actually get it since there are currently NO state run dispensaries yet which means you cannot legally obtain it yet. (unless you are a medical card holder)

I smoke for a few reasons. Pain, Sleep and relaxation. I live in pain 24 hours a day and it prevents me from sleeping more than 2 hours per night. I have had to stop taking sleeping, pain and anti-inflammatory pills due to my kidney's shutting down recently. Another thing that smoking helps me with is depression. My wife knows when I am not feeling well and reminds me to take a puff every now and then. Rush is a moron!!!!

2 people like this

Never tried it. If it were legal I think I would see if it helps. Just like alcohol I think it could be used responsibly. As far as being addictive, that is a debate. Personally I think it is more habit forming and booze is more addictived. I think it could be beneficial if used responsibly. Also, how often do you hear of someone smoking a joint and having a domestic violence incident at home?

4 people like this

moron |ˈmôrˌän| noun

a stupid person.

Aww... he is a lot of things, but he is not stupid. :mrgreen:

Yes, a better word could have been used. I used to listen to him in the early 90's when I started driving truck over the road. It did not take long for me to not like his way of thinking or his point of views. Meh... to each his own right?

Brad-- I can say that I have never heard of someone smoking some mj then going out and doing something that should not have happened. In my opinion, alcohol should be illegal not MJ. It does not take very much alcohol to effect the brain bad enough to make you fall down, crash a vehicle, do things a person would not normally do. You can die from consuming alcohol. As for smoking MJ, they say that you would have to smoke approximately 40,000 joints in an hour in order to consume enough to harm yourself. I have always known people who smoke and none of them including myself have ever come close to smoking that much. I smoke up to 1/8 oz per day depending on how I feel. The worst thing that has happened to me is that I wind up really hungry and thirsty then take a nap.

2 people like this