helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
xaxa

Sinemet mimosa

Hello!

Some days my meds take too long to "kick in" in the morning, so I'd like to try the orange juice/acidity trick... :) Is it more effective to dissolve the sinemet in OJ or in water with dissolvable vitamin C? Does carbonation help?

Thanks!!!!

Actually either way you do it is fine. The real "magic" is in the vitamin c, that is why I say to use OJ due to the vitamin c in the OJ and the vitamin c powder you add in.

I also recommend crushing the sinemet (only regular acting, not CR) then adding it to the OJ. Then you don't have to wait for it to dissolve. You can also do the same with the vitamin c. If you cannot find the powder, just crush it into a powder then add it to the OJ.

As far as the combination goes, I would recommend non-carbonated. The non-carbonated can be consumed quicker which will allow it to be be absorbed quicker. The carbonation may just add some stomach aches and extra gas, which may hinder the absorption.

Good luck and keep me updated.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply! You are such a great help/"resource". I also meant to ask: how long do you think the dissolved-in-vitamin C Sinemet can last and still be "active" if placed in the fridge? Overnight too long? I have no clue haha.

• Like 1