helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
bajansunbabe

Coordination - using knife and fork

I am having some issues with using a knife and fork. It is like my brain has a disconnect and I do not know which hand should pick up which utensil and how to use it. This has been going on for a couple of years now. I am interested in any suggestions to overcome this problem as I am going on a cruise next week and am worried about eating in the dining room in front of people. Usually at home I eat by myself so no one can see me and my hesitation. I will be traveling with my mom and have already told her that I may be needing her help to cut things.

Thanks,

Deanna

Ask for your food to be cut up before it is served. Many people are on specialized diets for any number of reasons. If anyone is brazen enough to ask, you can tell them your hands are particularly sore that day from cracking open pearls looking for oysters, or maybe even the truth--you have a condition that makes dexterity difficult. Once you do it, it will be easier the second time! And welcome home. How soon will you be in BC? Will you be in my area on the way? I live in the north Lynnwood area. 8)

• Like 1