helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Ken_S

Computer Tricks

Does anyone know how to slow down, turn off, or find files that were accidently moved with the click/drag/drop feature of Windows Explorer?

I use Explorer to manage the files on my computer but every now & then my hand will twitch and I accidently move a folder. Half the time I don’t even know what folder I moved let alone where I moved it to. It sure would be great if there was a back feature like there is in word or Excel.

Thanks

Ken

Maybe hit 'Control z' or simply 'undo' on the same drop down edit menu that you'd use to cut, copy and paste.

R.

Edited by Rogerstar1

Go under the windows Control Panel, to the mouse icon and/or the accessibilty icon. Depending on what kind of mouse you have, you can slow the tracking speed or clicking speed down, change from single click to double click etc. so the errors are less. Different mouse drivers have additional/less features. Hope this helps.

Excellent suggestions!

Roger: You were right on the money with the drop down menu; now I can undue the mistake.

Glenn: I slowed the pointer speed so now if I accidently click on a folder I won’t fling it into another one. I’ll need to play with the mouse settings to see if anything else helps.

Luther: An apple huh? I think therapy can help you with that. Maybe there’s a 12 step program.

Thanks guys.

Ken