helplinedonate
  • Announcements

• ForumAdmin

Frequently Asked Questions - Step by step guides

Do you need assistance registering, logging in, posting, etc? Please visit the all new Frequently Asked Question Forum for step-by-step guides. Click the link below to access these helpful guides. Frequently Asked Questions
    • ForumAdmin

Recursos Nuevos en Español

http://www.parkinson.org/ayuda   http://www.parkinson.org/espanol    
    • ForumAdmin

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636

Línea de Ayuda 1-800-473-4636   ¿Qué es la línea de ayuda 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636) de la Fundación Nacional de Parkinson? Es un número de teléfono gratuito que ayuda a las personas con la enfermedad de Parkinson, sus familiares, amigos y profesionales de salud, a solucionar diferentes inquietudes.   La línea de ayuda ofrece: Información actualizada Apoyo emocional Referidos a profesionales de salud Recursos comunitarios Amplia variedad de publicaciones gratis    
Sign in to follow this  
Gardener

Hot flashes - For Men Only

I'm a woman in my late 50s and for three years now I have been experiencing frequent bouts of hot flashes.  They started at about the same time that other symptoms of PD began so I'm wondering if they are due to PD and not menopause.  I would like to hear from some men out there - do you suffer from sweats?  These occur in both hot and cold weather, night and day, and usually last anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes. 

I get so hot if you put a damp cloth on my head you can see steam coming off me!

It can happen anytime day or night,normally at night i wake in a pool of water.

This has been going on for the past 10 years. 

I've been having hot flashes for the last couple of years.  There mostly at night when I sleep, I wake up soaking wet.  I occasionally get them in the daytime.

Dave

In the early years of my PD affliction I'd sweat profusely, drenchingly  from my face, head and scalp.  But only when In flagrante delicto.  ...a very strange symptom.

Not a bad trade-off, Rogerstar1!  I told my doctor that I thought it was the PD because of how late the "sweats" started, but I was shot down with that look that says, "not everything you are experiencing is PD."

I would experience the "hot flashes" when first trying meds...the agonists...Mirapex, et al. Terrible, terrible for me was that side effect and one of many that moved my physician to prescribe Sinement for me.